Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
City
Southern Oregon
So I have a version of the game Balderdash where one category involves guessing (or making up) what certain acronyms stand for. So let’s give it a try and see what happens . The sillier, the better. Feel free to post some new ones.

For starters, come up with your own version of what you think these acronyms stand for:

1) IBSC
2) PCCA
3) PBI
4) IAWPR

These are all dedicated to DIHALS when it's anxiety:

1. I've Been Sick Constantly
2. Please Cautiously Consider Anxiety
3. Promptly Become Invisible
4. I Ain't Writing Pleasant Responses

That's the idea. After a few days, I’ll post the answers.

My new favorite saying now, "Nothing Stays the Same"

New acronym... NSTS

ok, so please remember that i haven't yet had my evening cocktail(s):

ibsc - i'll bring something cold.
pcca - purchase cold, clear alcohol
pbi - please bring intoxicants
iawpr - invalids always want prompt refreashments

Years ago the Army launched a big recruitment promotion...

FTA... Fun Travel Adventure.

Those in the Army and those against the military back then quickly referred to it as...

F*ck The Army.

The Army very shortly pulled that promotion. :)

I think I used that a few times when I got orders at Camp Blanding Florida to go to Fort Devens Mass to train solders from Germany on their way to Viet Nam... January 15th! :-(

Last edited:
1) IBSC
2) PCCA
3) PBI
4) IAWPR

My personal situation
1. Irrigating bowels solves constipation
2. Paper Can't Clean A$$
3. Purchased Bidet Immediately
4. I Am Wiping Privates Religiously

Okay Clearwater you've sparked my interest in acronyms.

Having retired with many years as a computer techie I've had my share of the acronym blues. Not my favorite way of communicating.

Here are two that are up for grabs for anyone to decipher.

LSMFT - popular From the 20's (I think) through the early 60'S

SNAFU - A well used Navy term.

Ernie

LSMFT - Lord save me from Truman. Later it became Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco
SNAFU - Situation normal, all F@#$%d up.

Kim;

Thanks for the history lesson.

I thought that the LSMFT acronym originated with Lucky Strikes. Never heard the Truman reference. Wonder how many politically sensitive folks stopped smoking Luckies as a result. Probably none. We seem so much more PC these days.

You may not be surprised to learn that as a teen age boy the our most popular expansion of LSMFT was:

Loose Straps Mean Flappy T*ts.

Also, being ex Army I like the Navy SNAFU term which I heard used a lot when contracting services to NAVSEA. Oh well, another one of those acronyms.

Ernie

In the Army we had another...

FUBAR... "Foo Bar". F*cked Up Beyond All Recognition.

And... AI. "Army Intelligence"... which many times was a contradiction in terms. :)

Al, in engineering, we had FM. F*cking Magic. When we hadn't figured out why something worked!

Marty, I was Project Manager for a petroleum equipment company. I spent a lot of time in the field. I got along great with our engineer, had lunch and even drinks after work.
But... many times I called him and said... "Ahh... this ain't gonna work." :)

Some of those calls got a little terse. I'd say, "Well... hop in your car (or book a flight) and come out here." :)

PS. That was back in the days before cell phones with cameras or send pictures by Email. It was coming but we hadn't utilized it yet.

Here's new acronym... AGW. "Ain't Gonna Work." :)

Last edited:
Okay. Looks like we are on a roll.

Long long ago computer programmers used to say that their program "blew up" when it did not function properly. This was appropriate since during this long ago time only one program could run at one time. So the computer really did appear to "blow up" if your program did not work.

When one of my good buddies' programs blew up he would say his program went "KFB". This was short for Ka-F**king Boom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back