Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
Ace is my Toy Fox Terrier. Today he jumped out of a chair and broke his leg. He already has a plate and pins in his right front leg and this is his left front leg. Vet said it was as bad as the first one, so surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. They said long recovery and physical therapy.

That poor little guy has been through hell. After his first break, he had to wear the cast for so long, he luxated both patellas and had to have surgery on one of them.

On top of that I really screwed up my back trying to pick up my purse in a hurry to get out the door. I heard it crack and now it hurts to breathe.

I'm just tired and worn out.

So sorry for you and Ace, Kim! Take care of yourselves, and get any help you need.

So sorry for you and your 4feet friends :cry: my postive thoughts for u both.

So sorry to hear about Ace. Poor thing hopefully he'll be feeling better soon. Rest your back today knowing Ace is in good hands with his vet. Sending good vibes and prayers for both of you for speedy recovery.
🐶🙏🥰

Poor Ace! And you,too, with your back!! I hope you both heal as quickly as possible.

My best...

Jim

Oh Kim, I’m so sorry to hear about Ace, and the additional back pain. Sometimes it must feel like a flag for piling on needs to be be thrown. A crappy sequence of events to be sure.

You have done so well so much longer than many, but I know this must feel overwhelming right now. You are very strong, though, and you will come out on the other side of this. Best wishes, Kevin

The vet just called. He is out of surgery and doing well. I can pick him up after 5. Regular post-op meds plus a sedative.....because he's a feisty little one.

My little girl got spayed and chipped, today. I get to pick her up at 4:30. It was a strange day without her next to me. Glad to hear that Ace will be okay!! :)

Jim

Last night was very hard. He wouldn't pee or drink but he ate. I only gave him a small amount. Then I boiled rice and put it in some water. He took in some water by eating the rice. I gave him pain meds but he was very restless and the cast is much larger than the other one was so he can't really stand up without assistance. I put his crate on my bed, gave him a mild sedative and watched TV until he fell asleep. He loves TV and that kept him quiet. I fell asleep at 11:30 and woke up at 3. He was still sleeping so I drank some water, then got his morning meds ready and went back to bed for an hour. We got up at 5:30. He was starved and did drink a little. Finally he peed so I put him in his crate and took a shower. I have a doctor's appointment today so I hope tonight will be easier and I get more sleep.

Glad your little girl will be back tonight, Jim. The house was so empty without Ace here for 24 hours. I'm so glad I trained him on a pee pad when he was a puppy. So, today is watch for #2 day.

Elise did not have near the discomfort from pain that I suspect that Ace had. That being said, she's brought me out of a dead sleep for the last 3 nights between 2AM and 3AM. On every occasion, she seemed to want nothing more than to say, "I'm here and I love you!" before curling up right next to me. Unfortunately, on each of those nights, I was unable to fall back asleep until 4 or 5AM. Kids!

Jim

Hi Kim,
I was wondering how Ace is mending and how your back is feeling? Hopefully both are moving in the right direction. 🙏 🐶

Ace is doing much better but I spoiled him with coconut water and watermelon for hydration.....now the little s^&t doesn't want plain water. So I cover his food with water and he has to drink to get it. I was able to take him off one pain med so he's down to an antibiotic and an anti-inflammatory/pain med twice a day plus a benzo for sleep. We're both popping our sleep meds at the same time.

My back felt better and I'm back in the pool. It still hurts a lot, especially after moving around too much. I keep putting off the MRI Mayo wants because of CV being the way it is here and people not wearing masks. When I finally got the nerve to call, they still hadn't received the order. More emails back and forth and I guess I'll call again today or tomorrow.

Thinking of you both ! Oy!

Our little girl pup lost her brother, her sight and her hearing at the beginning of the year, but she’s fine - she seemed to have no investment in the past or the future, just a happy now. So don’t worry about Ace - our canine darlings are expert at living in the moment, for which I am jealous 😒. You, Kim, however, I am concerned about in this CV madness, having to make pain management treatment decisions. I sincerely hope for all of you that things are not quite so bad as I read about in the media in the US with management of all this.

It's horrible in Florida. Our Governor isn't leading the State so every area is on its own. People are refusing to wear masks, even in stores that require them.

I have to admit I'm worried about the MRI but it has to be done. It seems that they expected me to go to Jacksonville for the MRI and the orders keep being sent to the wrong place. I'm hopeful I've cleared that mess up and on Monday I can make an appointment.

I understand about dogs being in the present. I'm having a hard time meditating and doing guided imagery because I'm in so much pain and I'm exhausted. But, really, Ace is all I have. Nothing else I own matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back