Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
My cousin recently tipped me off to this website which allows users to rate and review businesses, restaurants, stores, etc., on their accessibility. It’s a great idea for those of us with mobility issues, although I’m finding the website a bit difficult to figure out and there aren’t many places that have been reviewed in my area. Still, these types of websites become more useful the more people participate and post reviews.

This is the website: AXS Map

This is their YouTube video on how it works: Introducing AXS Map! (w/ captions) - YouTube

I signed up! Any place without automatic doors, with too tiny air-lock entries, crowded aisles will get zinged! I plan to include medical facilities and offices. In addition to the usual items I will comment on the lack of a Hoyer lift. I will gladly bring my sling, but having to bring the lift is ridiculous!

Film industry exec threatens legal action over ACC accessibility seats
Film industry exec threatens legal action over ACC accessibility seats | Toronto Star

I've had a similar experience to this guy while at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto. When watching a basketball game, if people sitting in the row in front of the wheelchair seating area stand up then you can't see. I also had this problem when I went to see Celine Dion at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. I was sitting in the expensive wheelchair accessible seats (I think I paid $300), but whenever the audience stood up my view of the stage was completely blocked.

Venues need to consider the sightlines of people in wheelchairs or people who are unable to stand. When people in front of you stand up, your view is completely blocked.

Happy Birthday Canmark! (Sorry for the hijack)

>Happy Birthday Canmark! (Sorry for the hijack)

Ditto that!

Attachments

• 11224160_10153609693948641_2930414230801039856_n.jpg
    11224160_10153609693948641_2930414230801039856_n.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 259
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back