About to start Nuedexta and have questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW I hope it helps you without side effects, we can't get it in Australia and my Chris had some really awful situations, mostly with laughing, where he would not be able to stop and would have to escape the situation if possible. He always liked to joke about and laugh, but yes just out of control.
It's such a real symptom, and it really made Chris withdraw from people altogether he was so embarrassed.

This is slightly off topic, but wanted to mention that when my ALS progressed to my bulbar area less than a year ago, I began having PBS-like symptoms.

I still have limited speech. Suddenly, in a conversation when I start to say something imporant, I choke up, start crying/howling, can’t breath. and can’t stop. Really spooks people around me because I can’t explain that it isn’t serious, I just suddenly can’t talk. Am just starting to use antidepression/activan and use it if I know people are coming over. Don’t much like people staying more than an hour. Up until now have been able to cope pretty well. This is different. Gabapentin has been suggested for when a family member wants to stays for a day or two. Haven’t tried that yet.

The following definition helped me understand my case better, especially the last portion on irritability [my word would be frustration].

One feature of UMN Speech is Emotional lability. Emotional lability refers to rapid, often exaggerated changes in mood, where strong emotions or feelings (uncontrollable laughing or crying, or heightened irritability or temper) occur. These very strong emotions are sometimes expressed in a way that is greater than the person's emotions.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back