Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
TR
City
Ankara
I wrote here about 9-10 months ago and once again i am so sorry for all who has to deal with this horrible disease. I have some specific questions about swallowing, after that i wont take your time.

First off all, i know that most of the time the first symptom of bulbar onset ALS is slurred speech but i also know that there are some cases which the first symptom is about swallowing problems. I never choke neither on solids nor liquids but i have a wierd feeling that i have difficulties performing these tasks time to time.

My first question is: Is choking a hallmark of bulbar onset ALS? (The first first symptom) Or in other words, can we say that if someone isnt choking on food or liquids, bulbar ALS is ruled out? And what do you mean by choking exactly? Do you mean that food of liquid going the wrong way? (Tracea, lungs and make you cough)

My second question is: I dont have this feeling everytime. For example: I have it for 3-4 days and after that i can eat like a dog for a couple of days and it starts again. Does swallowing issues in bulbar ALS come and go like this?

Thank you for your time

nope, go see a doctor and get checked out to see what this is, but not ALS

Ohh.. There is something i forgot to mention. Sometimes my upper jaw hurts like hell and i hear strange voices (cracking) come when i open my mouth. That pain sometimes even make chewing difficult. (i can one way or another anyway) Is this a common first symptom of bulbar onset ALS also?

Thank you very much Tille and god bless you. I have no other questions

no need to keep adding forgotten things, please see a doctor

Sorry, i wrote the second message before i saw your reply :) If you're saying no then it's no :) Thats why i was here. I'm gone

Envy,

This is your third time you have started a thread on this forum, with each conclusion of the thread as "sorry, I'll be on my way then", or "sorry, I'm done here", yet, here you are, a year in and still posting questions for non-ALS issues.

Please, for your own well-being, heed your own advice and "be done here". It is clear that you are still very much wrapped up in an ALS mind-set, which is taking the ability for you to fully enjoy your life. Now here is my advice-be done here and be on your way. You are asking again and again to be helped from those who actually have this disease, and/or their caregivers. It's enough now; go enjoy your healthy life, of which you should be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back