Country
US
State
Ill
City
Chicago
Can Someone Let Me Know Why My Als Forums Accsess Has Been Resticted

Thank You

I have the same problem. I think it has to do with spammers and such. I think you have to post more and then it changes. I don't post much.

We had people joining and posting advertising after 1 post. We had to up the number of posts before you are allowed certain functions to stop this. We tried telling everyone how many it was and then we had people just posting crap to get their count up. Sorry for the inconvenience but the site is much more secure now and usually only people affected by ALS stay around now. Hang in there. Everything will be available eventually.
AL.

Thank you. I'm hanging around. Eddie goes to the ALS clinic in Dallas 11/12/07 to confirm diagnosis but it's really to just make it official. He has all the classic symptoms.

Shelly

Hi Shelly. Be sure to check in with us after his appointment. If it goes as you suspect you might need to talk. I hope they say it is something other than ALS. Cindy

Thank you. I will. I've been hoping for a long time it was something other than ALS, but I've accepted it now. He has actually had symptoms since 2003 while he was in Iraq. The atrophy in his right arm was very noticeable by May of 2005. We dealt with the VA doctors for awhile trying to get a diagnosis and I finally took him to a local neuro this August since we were not getting anywhere with the VA. With all the tests they have run they have pretty much ruled out everything else, including MMN. Our neuro is very good and he actually trained at the ALS clinic in Dallas so that is why he referred him there for confirmation and also so we can talk to physical and occupational therapists and whoever else.

That's what we are seeing around here. That sometimes it takes years to get a DX. I am sorry this is happening to your family. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back