PALS
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
Hi friends,

I was on Baclofen and it didn't really help with my balance (spasticity) and walking. So, now my neurologist has put me on Robaxin.

Do any of you have experience with Robaxin? Good or bad?

Thanks in advance.

Karen

(I'm grateful I found this forum.)

Also, can I have a glass of wine with this med? I like to have a glass or two of great red wine with dinner, but I don't want to hurt my liver.

Karen

Hi Karen. The source I checked says use caution with this med as it may cause drowsiness and impair your ability to operate machinery. I'd guess that you gave up operating heavy machinery a while ago so if it was me I'd have a glass of wine anyway. It didn't say anything about it killing you but did mention that if you already have liver disease tell your doctor. If you like me have pretty good liver function as my doctor says moderation won't hurt you. Have a good dinner tonight and try a glass. If you get dizzy, don't get up. Simple Right?

Hi Karen. I recognize your name from BT.

Are you on Rilutek? If so, I believe that alcohol is contraindicated. I don't know a thing about Robaxin, though.

Meg

Taken from a drug website; Rx list.com on Rilutek precautions.
Before taking this, tell your doctor if you have: liver disease, kidney disease, any allergies.

Use caution driving or operating machinery if this makes you drowsy or dizzy. Limit alcohol intake.

This medication should be used during pregnancy only if clearly needed. Breast-feeding is not recommended while taking this drug. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
To me; limit means moderation. You can't stop living because of this disease. Don't be dumb: but don't let it rule your life completely. You are still the boss.

Last edited:
thank you for all of your help!

I had a bad reaction (rash and itchiness) shortly after taking my first pill of Robaxin, so my doctor has to find another med for me to help with spasticity.

Karen

robaxin

Karen,

What do you mean by spasticity. This is all new to me. But, I do know flexeril is a good muscle relaxant. Have you tried that.

Spud

Hi Spud,

I have two main symptoms:

spasticity - meaning that my legs are spastic. Basically the hammer hitting underneath my knee results in a huge leg shooting out and residual taps.

balance problems - when I'm walking it feels like I'm on a boat and it is moving.

Neither of these symptoms are caused by dizziness in my head (although I am a blondie! :)), but it is muscle spasms.

I do not have a firm diagnosis of ALS, yet. I don't really have a diagnosis at all. My neurologist at the Mayo said last Friday that I *may* have ALS, hence my coming here to learn.

I'm very afraid.

Karen

Karen

Hi - I might be in the same boat as you - undiagnosed. I understand that they will not diagnose you until you have the symptoms for 4 - 5 years. Unless of course they can tell for sure before that time. I am at 3 1/2 yrs. and in limbo - not panicking yet but have started house cleaning.................ruby from vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back