Able and Unable - Do we still go out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likewise, to get the butt as far back in the chair as possible when he is transferring back, tilt/recline the chair first, and same for transfers into bed to get the hips where they are most supported, raise the knees, feet, and head to get the plane on the right runway position. Once you know what these ideal positions look like, you will do them without a thought.

I learned quickly that where the butt stops determines success. I pull on the sling to force PALS back. Get that butt back! :)

My husband was paralyzed from the shoulders down (and without speech) for almost 2 years. He met his buddies at the neighborhood watering hole every Friday afternoon/evening. All sporing events were watched at our house while our school age children and their friends were running in and out of the house. We loaded up in the van and headed to our beach home, UT football games ~ you name it. Some days, it was just a leisurely stroll/ride through the zoo. It wasn't always easy, but it was what he needed so that ALS did not steal our joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back