Abdominal Bloating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agneta526 desparate

Thank you for all your kind replies.
It feels good knowing that someone understands when the tears come,
thanks for caring agneta

Hi, Agneta-

As you can see on my profile, we are neighbors!
I would be happy to run some errands for you, or just come for a visit if you'd like!

You could pm me and we could exchange info. (phone #, address etc.)
I'm sure we would have some mutual acquaintance that could vouch that I'm not a "stalker" LOL!

Just reaching out a hand of friendship-
Mare

Living our best one day at a time?

agneta526, and others who are facing the depression and the questions about do I keep fighting or give up? I was a work-a-holic when this disease hit me. I would spend everyday doing some kind of project, no matter how large or how small. Now like many of you I find myself in the wheelchair full time, having to let others bath me, move me from place to place, etc. Big changes yes, very big for me.

The first time I had a hospice aid undress me for a bath was so embarrassing I can not put it into words. Yet I got use to what had to be done. I have had so many reasons to just give up and say the hell with it all.

I have spent the last 20 years with chronic low back pain due to an airplane accident that left me with permanent nerve damage to my low back. Pain that would wake me at night screaming for relief. And there was none. The pills just mask the pain, they do not make nerve pain go away.

I have at least 30 times had things happen to me that the normal person would say that can not possibly happen to one person. I've been coded in hospitals when my heart stopped beating. I've learned I am allergic to every pain medicine on the market but Demerol and Lortab. Anything else affects my heart so I cannot take it.

I'm not trying to say I have had it worse than you, only saying I have been through a lot in the my lifetime of 62 years. Now I am almost locked into my body. If you get bored some day please go read my blogs. You can see where I get my strength to overcome whatever comes my way. It is only by the mercy and love of God that I am able to endure all things, hope all things, believe all things.

Romans 8:37-39
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
I will make it to the end by the grace and mercy of God alone. Not by my strength, my will, or my emotions.

2 Timothy 1:
12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Last edited:
Hello Agneta,
I hope you will know you are cared for here. In reading through all the posts in the thread, it strikes me that BethU's advice about the bulbar symptoms and the need for medicine is really something I hope you will reconsider and do. And along with Capt. Al and others, I know the Lord's peace is all that keeps me sane. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you, Sweetie.
Ann

Agneta,

If you haven't tried them already, please don't hesitate to seek out help in the form of antidepressants. They aren't magic pills, but they may make all the difference. They not just help depression, but anger as well. I can't say they take it all away, but it takes the edge off, IMHO. I am a caregiver to a PALS who was very angry and depressed. They have given him a measure of relief.

Peace,
Pam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back