• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

abbas child/Annie

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to know what to say when everyone else has said everything I feel too. Thank you, Ann, for your generous spirit-filled advice and positive encouragement ALWAYS. I will miss your gentle presence on the forum, but you will remain in my heart.

Phil... I'm so sorry for your loss! It was truly my honor to get to know her some. I think she had the heart of a true servant... always eager to give support to anyone in need. I'm sure she has received a sincere "well done" from our Lord.

Phil, I keep reading posts now and in the past, that Ann was often the first person to reach out to new members who were scared and in shock. All I can say yet again is " what an amazing woman". I was driving my car this morning and the tears started again. "Don't cry dearest", came straight into my head. Ann was the only person who called me that.
She wants me to pull myself together, so I jolly well will.
It's so easy to sit about and say we are too busy to make a difference to another person, we are too sick to make a difference ant more. Ann has taught us all that even when dying, you can change a persons heart, give them comfort and courage to fight the fight. You can still make that huge difference........no more excuses, no matter what your circumstances. You can still light up a persons life, even by tapping a keyboard.

I can't even imagine Ann not being here now. Even when she was unable to write to us, her presence was so comforting. Phil it must be so damned hard for you. She was such a rare gentle soul who always had something good to say. It feels like such a big void without Ann being here.
Laurel

Phil,

Just like so many others, I was always in awe of the way Anne gave so much of herself. It is an amazing testament to her that so many people that she never actually met were touched by her faith, strength and compassion. She was loved so much by so many. She will be greatly missed. May the Lord bless and keep our dear, dear friend.

I've been an infrequent visitor to this site of late, and hadn't seen this thread. I've just learned of Annie's passing on PLM and am so sorry to hear of it. What a sweet and lovely person she was. I just logged in and haven't had a chance to read all of the tributes to her here, but I'm sure the words "sweet" and "lovely" and "kind" have been used over-and-over to describe her. My thoughts go out to her family.

-- Steve

Phil
The many words written here only serve to show how very special Anne was. Mine was just one of many lives she touched in a very possitive way. This is the very reason I don't participate here as much as I use to. I grew weary of so many good people being taken by ALS way too soon. I never met Anne but I know from her posts and her messages to me she was a wonderful, caring person and many here will feel her absence with great sorrow. So sorry for your loss.

Jim

Such a loss! Annie was one of the kindest people I have met not just on this journey, but throughout my life. Thoughtful, graceful, lovable and loving. I will never forget Annie. Rest in peace.

Hey Annie & Phil, how about that sunshine today. Little chilly for us, better then the rain we had last week. Ihope you have a great day today, and I hope you have a window so you can feel the warm rays. Lots of hugs, Tammy

One thing I know for sure. Ann is not gone. She lives in all of us in our hearts. Her light and love influence us at all times. She has changed us all for the good and for me, it's exponential. Love to you Phil and all! It's a beautiful sunshiney day.

Annie was a beautiful lady, inside and out. I will miss reading her posts. She was special. I hope you find comfort in the warm memories you have created during your life together. Take care, Phil. Yasmin

Oh Phil I am so very sorry. It's going to take a while for this one to sink in... hard to imagine our forums without Annie's every optimistic posts! She was dearly loved and will be sorely missed.

I am so sorry that the world has lost such a compassionate, warm and loving person. Ann was one of the few truly inspirational people I have known in my life. A part of her will always be with me. My deepest sympathies to you Phil.

John

Phil, I just read the news of Annie's passing and wanted to pass along my condolences to you and to thank you for being such a tremendous caregiver. God bless you.

Kim

Last edited:
I'm sorry for your loss, Phil. Annie is now free from the grips of ALS and resting in the arms of the Lord. Praise be to God, the Father of mercy and love. I would have been here sooner, but my sister passed away on Wed. and her funeral was yesterday. Prayers are with you and the extended family as you celebrate her life and mourn your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back