• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here

abbas child/Annie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann, like I said before , your still in our loop. Read away and hopefully we crazy tea ladies will make you smile daily.
We love you and you are a treasured friend.

Thinking of you Annie!

Ann here is today's example of how you have impacted on my life. I took my husband to our big city hospital this morning to have his port put into his chest to get IVIG. I had about a 3 hour wait for him and went out front of the hospital and started chatting with a fellow sitting in a wheelchair. He told me that he was there for chemotherapy as he had a brain tumour. We talked about his situation for a few minutes, and when I said goodbye to him I told him that I would pray for him. He got a big smile and thanked me. Now Annie in the past never in a million years would I say to a stranger "I will pray for you". That is purely your influence in my life. I must say I felt wonderful after. All because of you Ann.
Laurel

HI Annie~~~waving~~~~~I see you...... so good to see you here today. I hope it has been a good day for you...:).....I find comfort in knowing you are here and keeping an eye on us. Love you Bunches!..(((HUGS)))

As hard as this is, I know I look at it from a selfish standpoint in that Ann makes me feel special, and I know she makes everyone else feel that way too. The way she has of being interested in the well being of others is second to no other person I've ever met.

I Love you Annie, keep on reading, and know that you're in our hearts.

Ann...
your name is spoken in our house
your thoughtful words of encouragement resonate for each of us
your faith is inspiring
your love for Phil and others is truely evident
your loving presence is a gift from God...thank you for sharing YOU

Whew..tears....Jim and I will lift you, Phil and your caregivers up as you read and rest in knowing how much God' love-through you--has touched all of us!

Big Hugs to you and thank you for your friendship!

Ann.....so thankful your faith is pulling you through the challenging moments and days. Although I have not been on the forum in a while..I know that you have always been an amazing support to everyone. Know that I am thinking about you tonight and always. Love..from Saratoga

For those of you who do not read the "Tea" thread:

This is Frances, one of Annie's friends and caregivers. I understand Phil sent a message yesterday which gave the impression that Annie is at the place where she may not have more than a few days left. She wants you to know she does not believe she will be going that quickly; but believes it may be more like a couple of months. She wants you to know she still has her sense of humor and encourages you to continue being silly. Phil had her buying diapers online yesterday (which she was able to do because it just involved a couple of clicks on the laptop instead of typing). Annie has lost almost all use of her hands and thus is not able to use her laptop without great effort and thus great weariness and fatique. She is lying here in her bed by my chair and she sends all of you her love. I will continue to send occasional messages for her as she is able to communicate her thoughts and her heart.

Im sure we will get back to our silliness and all... and it was great to hear the news that Ann is doing decently... dont get me wrong-
But I also feel that folks need to be able to say what they need to say. It can truly be a blessing for those left behind when they are given a chance to say what they need to say and say thier "goodbyes". I know I wouldve felt slightly better if Id have had that chance when we lost Joel, or any of the others.
Who knows if the folks there with Ann will have the opportunity to keep us updated as this progress. And this way... Ann can know what we think of her while she's still here.
So many people in this world dont get to hear those words because people wait until someone has already passed before they say those thing. Just my 14 cents.

Sadie Mae,

Thanks for sharing the thread from "Tea". I for one did not glean that Annie was "ON HER WAY OUT" at this very moment. But thanks Frances for clearing up that misconception. I just wanted Annie to know how much she is LUVED by EVABODY here by sending her that wonderful poem by Browning. LOL

Now on a much lighter note... LIGHTER NOTE COMING.... ANY MINUTE NOW.... LIGHTER NOTE ON THE WAY.... WHERE IN THE HELLO DID I PUT THAT LIGHTER NOTE (Scarlett looks frantically under the keyboard).... YIKES!

God bless your perfectly ENHANCED SENSE OF HUMOR! (That was the LIGHTER NOTE)..... am I good or WHAT?!?!

Love ya CHICKADEE... smooches...

Kaye :0)

Kaye, love that TN humor!

Ann, As always I'm thinking of you and hoping you are comfy. I'll never forget how you helped me get through those last few months of teaching.

Frances, thank you so much for the update - it put our collective minds at ease a bit.

Ann, by now you know how much we all love you!

Hi Ann,
I see you there online, so I send my love...and a bit of silliness too. Will pm you. xx

Annie sends her love on this Tuesday morning from a very chilly but beautiful Autumn day here in Maryland. Liz-girl, Annie says she is so proud of you for giving up smoking. This is one of Annie's very full days, with her friend coming to clean and with hospice visits. She is calm and quiet and peaceful as she rests in the Lord. (Frances)

Oh Anne, I just heard the news and I am sitting in my office with tears in my eyes (hopefully no one comes in for awhile). My tears are for all of us as it is not often an angel comes to visit us on earth and we have all been spoiled by the attention, hope and smiles you gave each of us and we will miss your words of inspiration dearly. Your struggles have obviously taken their toll, yet in my heart and mind you are the pillar of strength and I just can't picture you as anything but strongest person I have met. You have cared for all of us and you will never know how much that meant. My thoughts, prayers and love are with you and Frances.
Love always your friend Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back