Country
IT
State
NY
City
Milan
Hi everyone.
New to the forum.
I feel somehow disrespectful to write about an hypothesis in a forum with so many people already suffering and struggling. I do hope not to be bothering for nothing.

Writing from Italy and only 30 ys old. No family history of als. But 2 severe diseases out of 4 close family members (cancer).

My story does not much fit the typical onset: I had 2 episodes of 3 days long tiny face spasms in the last 5 years. No big deal. Didn't even bother to be checked by my gp back then. They simply passed.

2 months ago, face spasms are back. Again, i think, no big deal. After 2 weeks, It does not go away and slowly it extends. It become continuous. In a few days, visibile fasciculation (i am not talking about sporadic little jumps) come up pretty much everywhere in my body including hands palms, feet, back, legs, lips . I am not talking of one shot, i am talking about worms under mi feet 24hs. Done an urgent brain mri, which come out negative except for an artery being close to the right 7th nerve without really affecting it. That does not seem like a reason to justify face spasm, my neurologist said. Neurologist noted bilateral hyperreflexia and fasciculations. Nothing else. Force is here, but lost 12 kgs in a year with no diet and no sport. Fasciculation continues and at night i feel my hands and legs shaking inside. It s quite difficult to explain the feeling. Never had it in my whole life.

Done my first legs and arms emg, maybe too early from the symptoms onset, cause they said on the face it could be hemifacial spasm (even if the nerve is just barely touched) . Emg was performed on just a few muscles and came out ok. I need to repeat this in 3 months though. Feeling weaker and weaker in hands and legs. Done tons of blood test. All ok. Cpk are just fine.

I really do not what s coming. I am just 30 ys old, getting married soon.
I apologize for my English and my spelling mistakes.

Thank you all

Twitching means absolutely nothing without muscle function failure, which you do not have. Also, I have never heard of a single PALS with facial twitching, so I am guessing that this could be exacerbated by the intense stress your country has been going through for the last 10 weeks. Stress can cause everything you have described, but I have yet to hear of ALS being a cause of your symptoms.

These current times are unprecedented and scary and can cause one's body to react in a variety of strange ways. Stretching exercises, hydration, and deep meditative breathing can help to reduce stress, thus reduce the symptoms you are describing. The good news is that nothing you described is ALS related. If still concerned, continue working with your doc.

Good luck and stay safe. This too shall pass.

Thank you.

My best to all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back