Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah, Thank for sharing. How wonderful a person your are! Will be looking for next interview. Great job and thanks for bringing some more awareness about this disease to others and how it affects the whole family.

Thank you everyone! Your kind words and encouragement really mean a lot to me! :D

It's been an interesting day as a "celebrity"... all kinds of former students and their parents showed up at the school with cards and gifts and hugs to wish me a happy retirement. My colleagues had completely missed out on the fact that the news crew was on campus with me (that would be because my portable classroom is in the middle of a lonely parking lot) so they were all shocked to see me on the news and popped in and out all day to tell me they loved the report. We held a dance party in the gym and I grooved a bit with all the kids and mostly just had a great time watching them have a great time. We also had a "Duct Tape the Coach to a Wall" event to close out the day and that was even more fun. And just when I thought it was all coming to an end, my principal called me to meet him in the cafeteria/auditorium to give him a crash course on how to run the sound system... and it turns out that was just a ploy to get me in there for my surprise retirement party! What a perfect last day of teaching!

~ Sarah

Sounds wonderful Sarah! It will take some getting used to but congratulations on your retirement. {{{{hugs}}}}

Sounds like they sent you off in style! Great interview, thanks for sharing, and keep on advocating... stay busy, and I think FOOEY, what do docs know about 5 years? Hah, you're going to be around for a lot longer.

Sarah,

I know from experience how emotionally draining your interview must have been.

Very proud of you for staying strong and keeping the fight going.
It's amazing the compassion that shows up out of nowhere, just when we think humankind is doomed. We are reminded how wonderful people can really be.

Hang in there, enjoy retirement.
Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back