Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uni
State
Georgia
City
jackson
Since I first posted on this site I have had so much helpful and useful information. I thank all of the moderators for all of your patience understanding blunt but true words and suggestions.

My last postings were about my frustration with the care I was receiving. I asked the very questions you all helped me with and could not get any helpful answers.

This lead me to your section on 2nd opinions and I followed your tips to an ALS clinic and it was the best and most hopeful visit I have had since this ordeal began.

The doctor spent two and a half hours with me and also performed his own and my 4th EMG and NCV. He did not say anything except that it was abnormal he did not agree with what I have been told so far. He also ordered a muscle biopsy and this all happened within 3 weeks of my first call to my local MDA office.

I have now begun to receive excellent care and so has my family. I owe the courage and strength to keep pressing on for answers, and not giving up on life to the people on this site.

So for anyone who may think or know that they have a neuromuscular disease of any kind of you find yourself here please believe me when I say trust these fine folks.

I will know what we are dealing with on my second clinic visit in June and will share what we know then. Until then please know that even when I have been frustrated I have appreciated you all.

Thanks for thinking of us, Kerbear, that's really nice to say. I'm trying to stay up to date as your journey progresses, and I must say it's quite the roller coaster. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back