Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
0/0000
Country
US
State
NY
I am an 18 year old about to graduate from highschool. I learned about als in class but wasn’t worried at first. recently I had a health anxiety out burst and started worrying terribly. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with mono (great) I have been having twitches in my feet, legs, thighs, sometimes arms, sometimes in my butt, and sometimes near my collarbones. I can walk and move everything but I have noticed I’m a little shaky when I bend down. I cannot stop worrying I have completely convinced myself I have als from the twitches and this little dent in my hand and also from how weak I feel. please someone give me some relief or thoughts, thank you!

You have a classic case of health anxiety.

It’s natural for people who hear about a disease to wonder what it might be like to have it. People with health anxiety will take this a step or two farther, believing that they do have the condition and attributing each new physical sensation to that condition.

Anxiety is a very real problem that can be quite disabling. Anxiety itself can produce all sorts of very real physical symptoms. You really don’t want to waste your life worrying about a disease you don’t have. Please seek help from your family physician.

Meanwhile nothing you’ve mentioned suggests ALS. Please read this for more information:

Mono can certainly make you feel weak and shaky. As Karen says, there is no need to worry. Stay hydrated, stretch out, do things you enjoy and you can certainly move past this. If you get stuck, ask a friend, counselor, teacher, parent, someone you trust to help you.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back