A Strange Dream

So glad your home is becoming more of what you want, Sue.

Thank you Mary, Tillie and Laurie,

Mary my son will walk her down the aisle. I know all 3 of us will be crying during that time. She and her brother have always been very close. He is 7 yrs older than she is. When he'd come home from college, she would leap into arms. Even when they were young she really looked up to him.

Yes, this home is really becoming my own. It was the change I needed and slowly it's becoming what I want/need it to be.

Hugs

Wow it's been nearly a month. yikes. Home remodling is done for now. I need to save my pennies with the wedding and all.

Life has been busy as usual. Looking for a way to retire or at least go part-time. There may be a possibility of that soon. DS is interested in taking over the business. I just need to reach out to my attorney and see about the best proceedure to accomplish that alternative. It's going to be a very busy year.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs

It's been a very busy weekend. DD and her fiancee are home for wedding stuff. Today was my BD and DS/DDIL and the grands, along with DD/DF all went to lunch. It's been a great BD.

I even managed to find my dress for the wedding while she's been here.

hugs

Happy Birthday Sue! So glad you enjoyed the day! What a relief to have the dress! I went crazy looking for an outfit for my son's wedding. Finally I wore a pant suit! Congrats to you daughter and her fiancee!

Thank you Mary. These outfits are hard to find. Everyone loves my dress, but it's out of my comfort zone color wise.

Hi All,

Not much going on in my world, but talking about DD's shower and work. I've been doing a lot of knitting, and wish Spring would really arrive. Still too cold here.

I hope you all are well.

hugs

Sue, I wanted something new to do during the hot GA summer. I will be in the house during this time and alone.
So in May I am taking a knitting class! I am suppose to purchase bamboo needles and #4 yarn for the class.
I am looking forward to it and have already watched some u-tube videos!

Mary, it will seem fiddly at first but do try and stick with it. It is a wonderful craft and there are many good YouTube to watch. You can not only find instructional videos, but also crafters who show you their work. I find it very relaxing. Wishing you the best with your learning.

hugs

Mary how is your knitting class going?

Life here is good. Was over at my DS/DDIL's for Mother's Day today. Awesome time with them and the grands.

I pray all the Mom's here had wonderful Mother's day as well.

Hugs

I learned to crochet using youtube videos. Watch. Stop. Think. Rewind. Watch again. Ha. I finally learned. I have only made throws, no clothing yet.
You will enjoy. You can listen to audio books or music.

Wishing all you ladies a Happy Mother's Day.

The knitting class was good. It was social and got me out of the house. I signed up for another class in June.
I do use u-tube videos as well. They are very helpful.

Bittersweet Mother's Day without the man who enabled me to be a Mother. My son and I met at some gardens and took a 2 mile walk. Afterwards I stayed at a Bed and Breakfast where Paul and I had stayed before. It was easier being out of the house and I am glad to have had the time with my son.

Tomswife - yes, I learned to crochet when I was about 7. I've never crocheted clothing either, just blankets and throws.

Mary2 - I'm glad you enjoyed your knitting class. I'm happy to see you are going back for more. That is encouraging.
So nice of your Son to make Mother's Day special. Mine did that for me the 1st year as well. It helps. He also took me out that first anniversary after.

Finally some warmer, sunnier weather here. I can finally get to my yard work and will be planting veg next week. Feels so good.

Have a wonderful week everyone.

Wow time flies.

My DD and her fiancée were in for a quick 36 hours this weekend due to flight delays/changes. We did get her dress set to be altered. Ran around crazy on Sat and they were off again Sunday afternoon. I miss having her close. I know she misses it too.

I did find shoes for my dress and it won't need hemmed. Things are progressing for the wedding. I mostly try to not think about it or I cry since here Dad cannot be here for it. I think others question my excitement over the wedding. It's just hard.

Have a wonderful week all.

Back