A Strange Dream

The remodelling so far sounds terrific! This house will be a nice nest to rest in while you venture out to look at wedding venues and deal with the rest of the world!

Hi all,

Quick update. Remodeling is moving forward. First floor about done. They will be out of here Friday as DD/DF will be in for the weekend for GS BD. There will be a few loose threads to finish up before a planned engagement party at the end of the month. The added shower to the MBR powder room will probably commence in Dec, as we will be celebrating Christmas w/Thanksgiving this year.

Venue has been secured for the wedding so the date is now official 9/22/23. The countdown begins and all the other prep starts.
I will need to hunt for a dress etc.

Weightloss for me continues at a snails pace, but at least it is downward.

I'm in the recovery phase from Covid. I had a very mild case last week, however after I tested negative things fell apart. I've got a very nasty cough that is getting worse vs better. I didn't have the cough during the actual Covid period. Oh well this too will pass, I'd just like to feel better for this weekend.

I hope everyone here is doing well.

hugs

Update, I ended up calling my Dr. Turns out I landed with Bronchitis/Sinus infection. Went through a round of antibiotics and life is much better again.

The update to the house is coming along nicely. A few items will get completed this week and then that will be it until after the end of the month. Then I will finally get a shower in the master bath.

This month is definitely pulling it's punches. The 30th will be 4 years and as in the past the lead up is not plesant. I had to find photos of DD as a baby for decos for the engagement party, and that set me off. Brian should be here for this, and it's killing me that he's not. It's going to be a rough road to the wedding. So very bittersweet in so many ways.

Seems like Bittersweet is a theme with ALS. So many things end up that way.

I will survive, just like I have survived everything else. Just will be a rough month.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs

I wish us past CALS had a date we lost our PALS as I just can't believe it's 4 years Sue.
Let alone I'm marching ever on towards 9 years.

Bittersweet indeed, there is always something there to remind us ... at the supermarket checkout yesterday the lady serving me starts saying she had someone using their iphone to get help and turns out is a bulbar PALS. She says, I have no idea what really means tho ... we were both having a little tear leakage as I left.

Thank you Tillie. I agree, a date that we lost our PALS would be a good addition to our profile. I'm shocked yours is close to 9 already too.

That is so very sad about the PALS at the grocery store. I'm sure there was tears. Always tears at the ready, and mostly without warning.

Hugs

What a very busy weekend here. It was Thanksgiving for those of us in the states. We however celebrated Thanksmas, as DS/DDIL and kids will be at her parents, and DD/DF will be staying home and picking up some extra hours to bank for their wedding/honeymoon.

Speaking of wedding, DD and I went dress shopping on Friday and she said "yes to the dress". That is now out of the way other than fittings. It is now my turn to find Mother of the Bride dress. Then Sat we had an engagement party here.

Friday after the dress we headed to the cemetery. It was a bittersweet day. DD so wished her Daddy could see her dress. We had a good cry together at the cemetery.

This morning the kids headed back about 4:15 AM (0415). They were home by 2PM (1400). I myself just crashed today. I did do laundry, then just sat and knit and watched some youtube vids. I was done.

I'll be glad for a mostly quiet Dec, other than the work on my bathroom that will commence next week. This week I need to move items out of my BR and into the spare room for the next month.

I hope that everyone who celebrated had a wonderful time and for those whom it was not a holiday, that you still had an amazing weekend.

Construction work continues as a slow pace. It will be worth it in the end.

Life is back to normal after the holiday, and another week before holiday again. I need to order food for our annual Christmas party at work. Shopping is mostly complete.

Tomorrow I am changing network providers, current cost is through the roof. This will bring it back to reasonable for a while. Then Thursday I need to get new tires on my car.

I hope everyone is having a pleasant December.

Hugs

Hi Sue,

Did you say whether you have found a Mother of the Bride dress yet. I was the Mother of the Groom in May and exhausted myself having outfits delivered to the house, because I couldn't leave town and get to the malls in Atlanta. I finally wore a pant suit I ordered from Amazon!

I hope the repairs to the house all came out fine!

Hi Mary,

No I have not offically started looking at Mother of the Bride dresses. I've been on websites and looked, but didn't order anything to try. I will probably attempt a few local stores first. I just hate the hassle of returning something, at least at the store I can try on and leave it there.

The things I'm doing to the house take time. I am adding a shower to the master bath, so a complete remodle of that room. The bedroom will get painted, new trim and light fixture, so I've got a few more weeks of work to be done. I will update when things are finished.

hugs

Happy New Year everyone! Do your best to enjoy and put one foot forward. Life is never easy, but we will all continue to move forward.

Construction is slowly progressing. My DN got sick, so we are behind a bit. Not covid thankfully, but nasty enough. The tile is starting in the bathroom, so there is progress. Flooring has been ordered for the bedroom. I have the paint for both bathroom and bedroom. It will get done.

Christmas was ok, I spent Christmas Eve as tradition with DH's family. Christmas Day I spent with my brother and family. New Years Eve was my tough one this year. Not sure why, just really missed my kids.

It's ok, I've gotten a few things done around the house, and will get to a bit more tomorrow. I'm ready to make 2023 as good as possible and be ready for DD's wedding in Sept. Haven't thought about dresses just yet. I'll make that a job for Feb maybe.

Take care everyone and hugs.

It's always a bit up and down, move forward then roll back a bit. Glad you got through another year of it all Sue. I'll raise a glass to your 2023 being more up and forwards than down and rolling.

Thank you Tillie and I'll raise that glass right back to you for the very same.

hugs

Yikes, I guess it's been a while since I popped in. Having work done on your home will do that. My bathroom in my master is now complete. I now have a shower instead of just a powder room. It feels nice to have it all together. However, I have lots of things that need to be put back in place. The floors in the other 2 bedrooms will be done this week. Then that is it for now. I need the stress break and I need to save up before doing anything else.

Still not looking at MOB dresses just yet. Hopefully soon. DD is doing a great job of putting everything together. She is quite organized with it all. I try to avoid thinking about it, as it puts me in a bad place, missing DH and knowing how much she misses having her Dad there to see her in her dress and walk her down the aisle.

Maybe it will be easier to focus once all this remodle stuff is done.

Have a great day everyone.

hugs

Good to hear from you Sue. Sounds like the remodeling is going well! The new floors in the bedrooms will be great! I know thinking about the wedding is bittersweet. Your daughter will be a beautiful bride! Who will walk her down the aisle? I drove myself crazy looking for a mother of the groom outfit! Now a days there are lots of pictures taken at weddings. My son and DIL had over 1,000 pictures!

So good to see you Sue! I love your remodel.
The wedding is hard in one way, but it's great that DD is enjoying organising it all. Pressure off you, and she will have the day she wants!

Back