Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lafayette Hill
Some of the "older" members may remember I story I told last year about Jim's friend who died suddenly. For those interested, it is in the thread entitled: "methods of action after being told by the doc that you don't have ALS" (sorry, I don't know how to quick link it! :oops:)

Well, it is one year tomorrow since that funeral. We said we would reschedule the visit for the fall. But we were in the midst of renovations and it just wasn't going to happen.
Trying to get 7 guys together is tough with different schedules. By coincedence this was the Saturday all could make it.

It was great - these guys are all so easy going & just really enjoy and like each other!
There was laughter all day as all the old school stories were re-told. Lots of catching up with what was going on with all the families. And, they all raised a glass (bottle) to toast & remember their friend, Paul.

In spite of the hot, humid weather that kept us inside and the fact that Jim's chair is acting up again, it was a great day! Jim handed out Phillies hats as "party favors"; and we decided to make it an annual thing!

There are no guarantees of tomorrow, that's true. Enjoy each day, find something to be grateful for each day. And reach out & reconnect with old friends! There's nothing like laughter filling a house!

Attachments

• Dickinson Reunion 004 (Medium).jpg
    Dickinson Reunion 004 (Medium).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 192
Marianne - I love the picture! How wonderful that they could all get together. To make it an annual thing is a great idea. I look forward to the picture next year. :) Thank you so much for sharing!

Marianne, great post! What good friends Jim has. Barry, thanks so much for the link. Rose, you're right on target with last year's post. I think it should be a "sticky". It's special that Marianne, Barry and Rose all contribute so much to this story, in bringing it to those of us who never saw the original post. (Marianne, whew. Uncanny that the organizer died when he did.)

Mare,
I remember the story so well. I often use it when people talk about ALS with me.. They are forever moved when they think of the irony.. I love the party favor.. I wonder was it Dickinson University in Carlisle? SO close to my home.. Great College...Jim looks great, so glad all the guys were able to join for the day.. Maybe all the hats will get the bats hitting again...LOL...
Thank you for sharing the story, it made my day..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back