Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Sandy Springs
really impressed with the atlanta/metro/national guard enforcement of the atlanta curfew last night (sat). a lot of tear gas but little, or no vandalism (which is a far cry from the destruction on thursday and friday nights). thus far we have had wonderfully attended peaceful protests during daylight hours but when the sun goes down all hell breaks loose (until last night, anyway). hope atlanta can keep it together tonight without more violence.

Frank, I'm posting here to bring your thread back up. My recent post was just me
rambling about the Lottery. Post more. :)

Many police officers in Miami joined protesters and took the knee in solidarity. They were white, black and brown and I was so happy to see this.

I don't like to see vandalism either but how many years have we been begging for justice reform?

White privilege is taken for granted by so many, mostly white, straight males.

I have been so impressed with your Atlanta mayor! Glad to hear the progress that was made last night. It’s been almost the same here in Minneapolis. We’ve had three nights of curfew. The first one on Friday was ignored and lots of fires and looting happened even though the guard was supposedly deployed. Just not enough of them apparently. Last night was Saturday and boy were they organized and it worked. No major fires or looting! Today’s daytime protests were huge but peaceful. Tonight (so far) the guard and law enforcement has not had to be so aggressive became the protesters staying out after curfew were quite cooperative with getting arrested! The state national guard has done an excellent job. Hope this holds up...

great curfew enforcement in atlanta again last night. did notice approximately 25 protesters, all dressed in black, erecting a blockade but scattered when law enforcement marched toward them. apparently little vandalism, thank goodness. great peaceful protests during the day and early evening. two policemen fired for use of excessive force on sat night. not racial since all involved were of same race. hopefully atlanta has figured things out to promote peaceful protests sans the violence thing. police forces nation wide must, must address the issues of excessive force and racism. so, this is both my rant and rave and promise not to comment further on the subject ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back