00/0000
Country
SD
State
VG
City
Gothenburg
Hey all, hope you’re doing good.

I haven’t seen a neurologist yet, since my GP thinks I an healthy and suggestiv that I skip worrying about my symptoms.

Anyhow besides my myriad of symptoms there are one thing that is giving me a deeper corncern. The bulbar area. I have noticed that I clench my teeth a lot during day time which could be adressed to my obvious anxiety, even though I don’t feel very anxious. And I keep biting my lip when eating. I also have nasal regurgitations when I drink liquids, not much but I feel it and when I sneeze it comes water. My voice break sometimes. The gargling part is weak as well.

Everywhere I read that these are bulbar symptoms and would like to have your opinion on it. I don’t have any slurring or many fasciculations in my tongue area either if that matters.

Can there be other reasons for this than a neurological problem?

Take care. Thanks.

Hello there-

Here your your two previous threads, so folk can view your reported symptom history and what has been recommended already:

Reactions: Doe
Doe, I don't see any reason for concern about bulbar ALS. If water is a concern, try drinking thicker liquids. Lip-biting can be down to misaligned teeth, dry mouth, and anxiety.

Stay in touch with your GP and counselor, who over time can help things even out for you.

Best,
Laurie

Reactions: Doe
Thank you so much Laurie, you always have good sober answers to troubled souls. I have been diagnosed with reflux which apparently can cause that too, which seems more likely. It usually happens when I drink quick and big amounts of liquid at one time and it’s not a lot that comes out of the nose so.

I need to try stay off the internet now as many other people lurking around here.

I collected and donated some cash to an als foundation a while ago. I really hope that we find some real good treatment soon. You are in my thoughts.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back