Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
VA
City
Round Hill
Sometimes it feels like we are bruised and battered by life but today I got a nice reminder of the positive.

As I think I have said before, I am a high school teacher and I love my job. Sometimes it is so difficult trying to work full-time and care for my PALS, but The kids and my colleagues have been wonderful these past 2 1/2 years. This week has been particularly challenging for a number of reasons but in large part because our caregiver just didn't show up for work on Tuesday. The agency has not been able to find an alternative and our private pay back-up hurt her back and couldn't fill in for a couple of days. Consequently, I missed a few days of school.

I went back to work on Friday. I hope the picture comes through. On my desk was a note from two students saying "you are loved". My fourth block had roses and a card for me. I received at least a dozen emails from students asking about me and my husband and sending their thoughts and I can't tell you how many kids went out of their way to greet me. It fills me with hope for all of humanity:)

Today is a better day.
Tracy

Attachments

• IMG_5713.jpg
    IMG_5713.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 240
Tracy, how wonderful of your students. This says a lot about you as a teacher. Thank you for sharing.

Becky

oh Tracy, a beautiful tear to start my day! You are right, there is hope, and you are making a huge impact out there!

So sorry it had to come about because of such stress with no help!

That is awesome...Goes to show you that there are wonderful people in this world...your students, and obviously you!!

Very nice students, Tracy, I've no doubt you are indeed a wonderful teacher.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back