Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
0/0000
Country
UK
City
London
My Dad died on Tuesday 10 days after getting pneumonia.

We cared for him at home. Dad really did not want to go to hospital or hospice.

The last few days were so peaceful and he did not need morphine.

I sat with him from 6 in the morning on the day he died talking to him and playing soft music. I told him that I had an image of his 3 dogs (much loved and who went down in size like steps) waiting on a hill for him and that when he was ready they would run down to him.

Through out he showed signs of knowing who was there and at one point even though he had been barely conscious he reached out to embrace me. I'm a lot less afraid of death after seeing how peaceful it can be.
Dx

So sorry to hear of your dad's passing. May he rest in peace.

AL.

Dee,

That was a very nice post regarding your father's passing. My condolences to you and your family. May he now rest in peace.

Kim

Hi Dee! Firstly, may your sweet Dad rest in peace. Ther is no doubt in my mind, he went staright to his Father in Heaven. You are so right about his poochies waiting for him. I agree with you...when you watch a loved one depart it makes such a courageous person out of you. I remember before I had my surgery I was not afraid at all. I remembered how courageous my son was when he met death, and I thought to myself, "I know I can be just like him." May the Good Lord bless you dear.

Irma

Dee,
My sincere sympathy to you and your family. May your Dad rest in peace.
prayers are with you,
brenda

Dee,

I'm very sorry that you lost your Dad. Those were very comforting thoughts to give your Dad about his dogs.

I hope you will find peace in knowing he is in a better place.

DeeMichelle,
I'm so sorry for the loss of your father, but how wonderful that you were with him to the end to comfort him. May he rest in peace and may you feel peace in the role you played in his passing.
Blessings and godspeed to you and your family.
Jane

I am sorry for your loss, Dee. I bet both of you were glad you got to be there and hold his hand. My best to you and yours during this difficult time. Cindy

Funeral a good send off

Thanks so much for all these kind words.
His funeral was as good as can be:
passed around photos of him with his adored grandson loads of people chose to take home photos and that was lovely;
played music he liked
and I spoke about him- Dad was very talented good at loads of stuff - singing; soccer; gardening; DIY and carpentry; engineering; nursing; pool; the list goes on and on....
so it was easy to know what to say....
Dx

Dee, I am so sorry for your loss of your Dad. And I am glad it was a peaceful leaving and that this gave you comfort.
Laurel

Dee, thanks for sharing your experience of the last time you spent with your dad. That was wonderful. I hope all of us with ALS can have a peaceful passing as your Dad did. Here is a hug for you my dear.
Jesusgreeting.jpg

So sorry for the passing of your dad. Your post touched my heart and gave me hope for a peaceful ending. M

Thanks I'm still a bit lost in all of this just felt so sad that there's nothing for me to look for here that can help my dad. But he was more peaceful than we could ever have imagined I hope that can give others strength.
Dx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back