Diagnosis
09/2004
Country
US
State
MN
City
Hometown
I have lost just about all the muscle in my rear end and it makes sitting very, very painful. There is pretty much just skin and bones back there.

I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem and if so, how did you fix it.

Mr. Bill

For my computer chair I bought a memory foam cushion which helps quite a bit. The one I use is by Kensington and was about $30. Search Amazon for "Kensington memory foam seat cushion". My wheelchair which I can't use in the house yet due to floorplan has a gel seat which is also comfortable.

I have a gel seat in my wheelchair also, but the ridge between the gel and the foam really hurts my legs (not much meat on them either). I got a Roho air cushion and if I adjust the air just right it is quite easy on my rear and legs.

My problem is that when I sit on anything else, including the couch, my rear hurts. I have a plain piece of memory foam but that didn't help. I'll look at the seat you mentioned, maybe being shaped will make a difference.

Thanks for you input.

Mr. Bill

Have you tried taking the Roho cushion out and putting it on the couch or other chair? Put other pillows around you for support on the chesterfield.

AL.

Al,

That's way too simple. :p I'll give it a try and see if it works. I don't see why it shouldn't. Thanks much for your input.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back