Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
OH
City
Brunswick
Had a good day today. Jim was a bit wiped out - he spent most of the day alone with the kids yesterday due to a sleep study that I had (which went awful - another story all together!) Despite both being tired we went to a friends childrens bday party. I met her less then 1 yr ago in the PTA and this is only the 2nd time I met her husband.

Anyhow, her husband (Matt) asked me how Jim was doing/feeling. He actually wanted details! He went out of his way to talk to Jim several times through out the day. Then he asked me if Jim had a wheelchair - - yes he does. He wants to take Jim to a car show in a couple of weeks! Matt said it would mean a lot to him to do it!

I am so afraid to get excited - but I am! Jim has no male friends outside of our brothers-in-law. No one has taken him anywhere since his diagnosed (except my mom, sisters & brothers-in-law). His best friend of 20+ years has completely abandoned him. I SO hope this works out! PLUS he only lives 1 street away!

Please say a prayer that this works out. I want it so bad for Jim!

That is wonderful! I really hope it works out too. Keep us posted...take care :)

Indeed, I will pray that it works out, Shelley. I know how much benefit having a friend can be for Jim. It's great that there are people out there like Matt who actually care about others and are willing and desirous of being friends with people who are in need. God bless you all.

I hope everything works out and they both have a great time at the car show. Matt sounds like a wonderful person and the friend that Jim needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back