7/2008
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Anytown
Hi everyone :)

I'm posting this here in the General section, rather than in the PEG related area, because I want everyone to see it. Whether or not you, or your PALS have a tube, or plan to have a tube, I think it will interest you.

The woman who wrote this recipe book lost her brother-in-law to ALS.

In the introduction, she talks about the remarkable difference nutrition made to his health. Obviously, it did not "cure" his ALS, but the changes did pull him back from the brink. He was hospitalized and had been given less than a week to live, when Penny created her first all real food formula for him.

He had asked for her specifically to help him, and urged her to continue with this after he was gone.

Although Penny's brother-in-law was well known within the entertainment industry, it is the family's collective wish that he not be mentioned by name. So, I am respecting their privacy in this matter.

Penny is a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, and she is available for one-on-one nutritional guidance. A feeding tube is not a requirement to consult with her. (I have contact links for her in the Tube Chic post).

A New Recipe Book by Penny Werner! | Tube Chic

Interesting. Just read The Prime. Written by a neuro who uses integrative medicine in her practice. She explains the gut brain connection well and why nutritious food and gut health is so important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back