Not open for further replies.

fsdfsdfsdfsdfsd

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello everyone. Immediately apologize for my English, I am from Russia. I admire those who are struggling with this disease and are the guardians. Progression at 9 months, undiagnosed. I am 29 years old, until September 2020 there were no major health problems.

September 2020
Flies appear in the eyes
Right chest pain

October 2020
I sleep for a week for 3 hours, in a dream I wake up from severe headaches. I am under a lot of stress these days.
There is unsteadiness when walking. I am going to the doctor, suspects MS. I do an MRI, everything is clean. An attack of fasticulation appears throughout the body. Then they pass.
Numbness of arms and legs appears at night

November 2020
I continue examinations of the whole organism, they find nothing remarkable. Symptoms get worse
I wake up dead in the morning
There is a tremor of the ring finger in the right hand when it moves in the direction

December 2020
Panic attacks appear. Hands and face become numb during attacks. I periodically call an ambulance
I am undergoing examination in neurology, they find increased antibodies to the proteins GFAP and S100, which are markers of damage to the central nervous system, but they attribute all this to depression and panic attacks.

January 2021
Panic attacks start happening every few hours. Comes to numbness of the whole body and fainting. The pressure reaches 200 to 120.

I decide to go to a private psychiatric hospital. After a month of treatment, panic attacks disappear, but numbness of the arms and legs remains at night.

February 2021
At the end of the month, I wake up with acute pain in my left hand, tremor and contracture also appear in it.

March 2021
The pain in the left hand goes away, there is stiffness in the fingers, first in the left, then in the right hand.

April 2021
Fasciculations intensify. Doing enmg, everything is ok.

May 2021
I completely lose my strength, I lie in bed, I sleep for 12 hours
Weight is falling
Change in gait, stiff and heavy legs
After fasticulation of the lower jaw, it shifts slightly downward and remains in this position
Chewing food is hard, it takes a lot longer to get over everything
Voice becomes hoarse, words are harder to find
Sweat a lot at night
Fastikulations all over the body
Mouth like porridge, tongue out of place
Night salivation
When I stand on tiptoe, joints crackle
Pieces of solid food occasionally get stuck in the throat.
Peeling on the face
Clumsiness
I want to lie down all the time
Acid reflux
I can hardly run because of the heaviness in my legs
After sleep, strength is not restored
When getting up from a lying position, it darkens in the eyes (pressure seems to drop)

I'm going to Moscow time to see Levitsky, I go to Vasiliev for examination at the Yusupov hospital. Do 2 ENMG, there is no data for neuromuscular diseases. CPK, LDH, etc. are all normal. All other analyzes are normal. They diagnose samatophoric disorder, prescribe antidepressants. 😒

Do you think there's a chance it's not ALS? I note that all the symptoms described are constant, superimposed on one another, there is no improvement.

gosh, nothing like ALS
read this very carefully, we won't argue against anything in there

You have been cleared of ALS and diagnosed with something you want far more

I strongly advise you to continue with a good physician or clinic for depression and anxiety. Your story suggests both, but, fortunately, not ALS at all.

If you discuss all this with a trusted friend or family member, maybe you can think of something that changed in your life around the time you had difficulty sleeping, and work on addressing that thing. I would also ask about a sleep study to make sure that your sleep is good.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back