Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been real hard at work this week when I tell people they cant believe it. some just cry and so do i. Nothing like a 6'1" 250 pound guy crying with another 6'4" 270 lb guy in a machine shop.

It's ok to cry Ryan. Soon you will fit into your new normal. First few months are always the hardest but it will get better. I'm celebrating my 6 year anniversery date with motor neuron disease this October 1st. Many with this disease go on to live more then ten years and sadly there are many that don't. focus on a plateau. Thinking of you and your family. All the best Betty

I am so sorry Ryan. My dad was diagnosed with ALS 2 yrs. ago and It was the worst day of my life. These last 2 years have been full of pain and tears, but I am also greatful for every minute we have together. We live in the same house now, and I help care for him ...it's moving slowly with him, and we cherish every minute. My prayers are with you and your family.

Hi Ryanw, how did you appointment go? Hoping that you not updating this post means they determined it isn't ALS! I am working on getting my mother-in-law referred to the ALS clinic at Virgina Mason so I wondering what you thought of it? Were they able to diagnose you? Did you meet with a Dr. Michael Elliot?

Hi Ryanw, how did you appointment go? Hoping that you not updating this post means they determined it isn't ALS! I am working on getting my mother-in-law referred to the ALS clinic at Virgina Mason so I wondering what you thought of it? Were they able to diagnose you? Did you meet with a Dr. Michael Elliot?

I was diagnosed with ALS. The group at the ALS department at Virgina Mason are the best. They are so awesome I could not ask for a better group of people, and Dr Elliot is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back