Status
Not open for further replies.
As a frequent traveler, I logged over 100,000 miles on US Airways last year. I would contact a lawyer about your treatment. I would do this for two reasons. First to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else and secondly to see if you can make American Airlines experience some of the pain they put you through. OK, three reasons, maybe you can get either money or freebies out of them and that never hurts. You don't deserve to be treated like that and they have no right to behave in that way so make sure they know it.

I agree. Time for a little payback. The employees who tried to throw you off the plane sound overwhelmed, incompetent, or worse. Management needs to know how they handled the situation so that they can be disciplined. Cindy

What a damned nightmare! Do people just have no compassion any longer?

It seems to me someone should have been assigned from the airlines to accompany you and ensure a smooth transition from check point to boarding.

I agree with Zen, the airline higher ups would probablybe very interested in this story and I know the news media wouldlove to help.

It's bad enough youo have to deal with ALS, but then be treated like dirt as well!?! Perhaps you could call your local ADA office if you have the strength left to deal with this injustice!

And by the way, you can check with your ALS Assoc to find legal services for free for PALS.

ugh

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. T and I have talked and we feel like taking them to court would be a little too much for us. We are writing a letter and hope that they will do something to make up for the gross mistreatment. I think we will wait and see if they respond in a way that makes us feel they are really sorry for what happened? A free pair of tickets to Brazil would be nice.... We'll see, I just don't know if T would have the strength to go to court about this, myself included. I'm one of those people who think there are just too many lawsuits in the USA. Everyone is sue-happy. At first I did think that we really will need the money now that T isn't working anymore and we'll have to start making COBRA payments. Then I thought God might be mad at me for being too overzealous?
T is at the point where I don't feel comfortable for her to be alone anymore. I realize the other night that I also don't feel comfortable for her to try to walk by herself now. She was just a few steps from the bed when her right leg gave out and she fell backwards slamming her head on the bathroom floor. This happened 1 AM Sunday morning. If it had not been for this darn new toilet seat thing I just bought the other day to make it easier for her to get up and down I would have been right there with her helping her to get up. Instead I was just a couple steps away busying myself with her humidifier and didn't even see it happen. Just a little growl and a smack on the floor. By the sound of it I know it must have hurt like hell. She was pretty dizzy and had a good size lump on the back of her head. I didn't have a clue what to do, I was nervous and shaking and so mad that I wasn't there to catch her. She seemed OK after a little while and we applied ice and I kept a watchful eye on her. Yesterday she seemed OK, the only thing is that still today if she moves her head too fast she feels a little dizzy for a few seconds. I'm going to definitely call the doc tomorrow to see if we should come in. Anyone ever bump thier head really hard and experience similar dizziness? I'm not letting T even use her walker now without me being right next to her. Hope everyone is sleeping tight and having wonderful dreams....
God Bless,
Pam

Hey from Frizz

I was just wondering how you and T were doing. I don't post much any more because I am so busy trying to work from home as much as possible and stay up on life. We own our own business. Everything is a struggle and yet that's no news to you two. Sad to hear of the deaths on the forum. There are so many brave people here...and I also talking about CALS...

Take care of yourselves. Realize you may not always be there physically to watch T's every move and still she knows you love her and are doing the best you can. Guilt will only pull you under or topple you both over. It's not worth it.

Thanks for the update~ Frizz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back