08/2011
Country
US
State
Fl
City
Orlando
Hello

I wanted to post and put a little good news out there. I've finally found the perfect power chair and thanks to a living angel, was able to purchase it. It's a Merritt chair with the hand controls on the right (which I needed) and also comes with elevating leg rests (something else very beneficial for me -- especially now with the swelling I get in my legs so often) He tossed in the chair cushion and a few other items that I can use either here or at the school, including a shower bench--which is great, as me and water = fall.

Just as soon as I get on a first floor apt, I'm all set and will bring the little cutie home. The seller who was moving out of state actually brought it to my school so it's safely stored til I can get it home.

I've also hopefully found a lift to use that will let me put my scooter in my trunk without assistance, which will help me greatly.

I'm grateful that I live in FL where items can be found at reasonable prices.

With all the sadness here the last week or so--I thought posting something positive might make someone at least smile.

There are so many great people here. I feel like I've made so many friends.

The offer still holds for free CNA and CPR training for ANY Cal in the area that can get to me for a class.

Financially, there is very little I can do to help anyone--but perhaps a local CAL can use some help with HHA and CNA and CPR for their in-home caregivers hired.

Best wishes to all

So happy for you! ........Yes some good news is always welcome and helps with all the sadness here lately. Paying it Forward has come full circle back to you. You deserve this wonderful blessing! ((HUGS))

I am so glad to hear a happy post from you. Thank you for sharing. Im glad that it worked out and things have maybe turned the corner for you.

Good new, you certainly deserve it. Sometimes things happen for a reason. Thanks for telling us :)

Love good news! Ours is that our disability insurance is going to go through just fine! Woohoo! Now to get retirement squared away and all is well!

Let's make today the good news day!

This forum has been a lifesaver for me -- and I mean that very literally. There are some absolutely wonderful people here. The Guardian Angels sent me a bi-pap, Allen told me what settings to use--which, by the way, were spot on according to my neuro.

Others have been such a great help emotionally--you ladies know who you are--and one special angel helped me get my chair--which made my month at the perfect time when I was so down I really, really was so down I wanted to just give up. Sometimes, things build with me to the point that 'giving up' seems like a viable option.

Coming here has shown me that giving up isn't an option. There are still great people in the world--and a great many of them are right here on these forums.

A couple special people message me every day--and they listen to me whine--when they have far more reason to do so.

When I read posts like I've read today on some of the other forums I just get so angry at how unfair some things are. The PALS here have been nothing but supportive and so far from being useless.

There is a horrid article posted in the NYT--and they are SOOOOOOO wrong. I know of one person here that is very disabled with this horrid disease and he spends a LOT of his time replying to people in the Do I Have section--how could ANYONE anywhere consider someone like that no longer a viable person worthy of living no matter how much it costs in $ to keep him alive?

Quality of life is so much more than that article suggested. The so-called 'drains on the healthcare system' are some of the best people I've ever had the honor of coming to know since I joined here in April.

You all are the BEST people in the world. Asantiago, trfogey, notgivingup, Olly, Rose, Aly, --just to name a few--are some really great people. I hope each of you knows how much my world improved just by 'knowing' you through here.

Aly--with her own issues--took the time to try and help me figure out my sick kid. How many people would do that?

trfogey helped me with my settings on my bipap--and taught me that sometimes 'tough love' is what's called for--even though I know I annoy him

Asantiago gave me faith in the world again--and is on my "If I can ever help in any way, just yell" list

NotGivingUp keeps me sane and just listens--an awesome lady! I come every day just to read her uplifting comments. Such a sweetheart. She's on my "whenever I can help, just yell" list.

Rose was the first person to 'friend' me here.

Beachbum so often sends visitor messages that remind me there are people that care

Lobster, who is dealing with his own issues about lack of care took the time to send info on student loan sharks

Well you get the idea. You're all great--and anyone left out of this was simply because I could go on for a LONG time--and I've been told my verbose posts are what is getting me sent off to moderation so often--so I'll stop.

But to all of you that have taken the time to post, send friend requests, visitor messages, PMs and just answers to me and EVERYONE else--a huge thank you for all you do.

Oh, and Ms.Pie--well, there are no words. SweetiePie should be her name here.

Brooke--who is dealing with her PAL and trying to be a mom--spent who knows how long finding posts to help with the book I'm writing..

There are so many people here I could write about--Those above are just off the top of my head. This is a wonderful community of people--PALS and CALS and Limbolandes -- ya all are the best in the world.

I so have to get this book finished.

Love you bunches! :)

great news notme,i am so happy for you.
i do believe when you find yourself at a low point ofton something comes along..........i need something.
hope and faith goes along way.

great news notme,i am so happy for you.
i do believe when you find yourself at a low point ofton something comes along..........i need something.
hope and faith goes along way.

What do you need, sweetie? I'd help any way I can.

haha,thats a $64'000 dollar question notme............i'm ok honest.

i had to admit last week that i now need some home help,i can not manage around the house and cooking is getting dangerous.........burn or scold myself most days.
sorry just ignore me,my hormones are all over the place and just started some new hrt.

i do alot of free competitions online,i play on the free games on a well known uk site one is a daily game for £250,000 a bit like the lottery............got 4 numbers and the bonus last week.......so near and yet so far.
i have never had much or wanted much but i think if i could win that i could help so many people with it.
was thinking of lupe and how much a chunk of that would help her.

its true........theres more happiness in giving than recieving.
wish me luck for lupe next week.

damn! i keep going to the twightlight zone..........i'm fine,my post should appear sooner or later.

Notme,

Thank you for all that you do for all of us! You are a valued person to us all here. You encourage, forward info and truly are compassionate to all who dare enter here. Thanks for the wonderful rant on how much this forum has been and is for all of us to express what we feel inside. We truly all need each other, and you have been there for so many of us as we are down in the dumps helping to lift us up and go on. I just wanted to Thank You so very much for being there, Here! ((HUGS))

Patty,
What comes around, goes around. You are such a nice, caring person. You deserve to have a little niceness paid back to you!
Susan

Ditto, what they say :)

Thank you very much, friends :)

I think I'll do much better emotionally when I learn not to dwell on things that upset and depress me. Ya ever get to where you can't turn your head off?

Olly--I hope you hit the jackpot! My daughter and I talk about "what if" if we hit the lottery. I know I'd start a PALS home here. Definitely. And I'd live there--substandard care just ticks me too so much I wouldn't be able to keep myself away.

Kind of like my classes--I won't let any of my other instructors (when it's not just my daughter and I ) do the first day information--I'm not trusting enough that the important info is taught.

We need a PALS facility in every major town in every state and country. Somewhere safe. I get especially saddened when I read stories of Lupe, Lobster, lostin and a few others.

No support system with ALS is just a dreadful thought. I hate it when people really do think they have an obligation to just 'die' just so as not to be a burden. It needs to stop.

Done ranting! Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. Ya all are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back