A little concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for your reply and honest feedback. I hope you are right. I have been seeing a therapist to help with the anxiety part.
I was just curious how the EMG test worked? I was not told much of anything during the test. I was looking for some clarification from you guys. I will not post again. Thank you again for allowing me to seek advice from this board.

Thank you very much Shiftkicker for your response and kind advice.
I am seeing a counselor and take Zoloft.
I think I'm just very confused about whats going on? I read so much of all of your posts and stickies. That gives me some reassurance. I'm just still haunted by all the fasciculations . My cheeks look like things crawling under the skin.
I understand it could be BFS but I have lots of visible muscle loss along with them. (Even can see stretch marks).
I guess since its every muscle, everywhere that should be a positive sign? Not sure?
Most every joint I have pops when moved. If I put any tension on my thigh or bicep they flutter like waves like crazy.
I would think if the Dr knew what he was doing the EMG would have picked up something even though they just did arms and hands?
I have had muscle loss and fasciculations all over my arms and hands for a while now. So I assume if it was ALS it would have seen it?
I don't expect you guys to post this since you told me all is well and I don't belong here. I 100% understand. I'm just still confused about how my nerves can cause me to have symptoms I didn't know existed.

With muscle loss if it were ALS yes the emg would have seen it. Twitches in ALS are a distress call from dying motor neurons so if that was causing your twitches they would have seen it on emg too.

popping joint are not at ALS symptom.

we can’t tell you what is wrong but for the reasons you have heard your symptoms are not saying ALS so your answers are not here. Best of luck in finding those answers with the help of your doctors

I realize I might get a bit fussed at for this.
I hate to come back and ask for any opinions but I would like a little more advice if possible.
Please forgive me but I really would love to not bother you guys any more.
I do realize I had an EMG on my upper body.(I posted the results). Like you guys say clean EMG you are good. I sure hope that is correct but im really not sure what else could be causing my symptoms.
My fasciculations have really ramped up the last couple of weeks. Every part of my body.
I know you say perceived weakness is not failure. My left arm is having a burning sensation, lots of tremors and for sure is getting weaker. My bicep muscle seems to still be strong but the surrounding muscles and forearm muscles tremble and twitch when in certain positions.
I know I have visible muscle loss in both arms and legs.
I'm getting more fatigued and back muscles gets sore and crampy feeling with any excursion.
I still have facial fasciculations and slight swallowing issues. Also I've noticed super jumpy reflexes if my feet or arms bump into something. All my other symptoms I previously reported are still going strong.
Again please forgive me but im not sure how 3 weeks ago an EMG said no signs of ALS but multiple signs are pointing right to it. I'm a bit confused on the EMG. I have noticed in some diagnosed individuals on the forum have had clear EMG at some point.
My PCP has basically told me let him know how my second opinion turns out. He agrees something is wrong but he had no advice at all. It's not until May.
I have tried all the advice you guys have provided. Thank you very much for that. I really was hoping things would be getting better by now.
Thank you in advance for any thoughts.

Nope- multiple signs are not pointing to it, but you are interpreting it as such. This is only a thing doctors can do. It sounds like you are in the throes of a deep panic about ALS and are not able to accept the answers and reassurances you have repeatedly received here. It is not on the folk here to have to continue providing this to you- now it is time to visit with your doctors and get some real help working through your fear of ALS while you figure out what the actual cause of your symptoms are. This is not something the people here can do for you.

I am closing this thread- please do not open another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back