Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
City
Southern Oregon
We do the gravity feeding method using the barrel of a 60 cc syringe as a funnel. We found that reusing these syringes, they would get gunky after about a week.

We looked online on a G- tube feeding supply site and found Basik Silicon O-ring 60 cc syringes. They are reusable, BPA free, dishwasher safe. Can be reused many times and should last longer than standard syringes, meaning less plastic waste 😄. If you have to use the plunger, the action is much easier. We use a silicone baby bottle brush for cleaning the syringe barrel.

I wonder why yours got gunky, I think I used the one syringe the whole time - always rinsed immediately with COLD water to ensure you don't bake on proteins, then soapy wash then hot water rinse. I did always wash all peg tubes (we had a button) and syringe immediately after use.

I don't get any gunk either. I think I've used the same syringe funnel for months.

I think it’s just my OCD CALS. But we do like that the new syringes are BPA-free and dishwasher safe.

I gave away all my glasses and now use silicon cups, medium and large tumblers from Amazon. So easy to clean. No worries about BPA. Tolerate both high temperatures and freezers. Also much easier to grip. I also found silicon bowls and ordered four of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back