Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
City
Kirkland
I’ve been twitching for 18 months and I’ve ignored it thanks to this site. Now I have ankle pain when I run and not sure if it’s weakness? Then about a week ago I started feeling like food was stuck in my throat. Thoughts? I haven’t gone to the Dr yet because I try to ignore it. I don’t feel I have any real clinical weakness?

Thanks!

Hi Codi-

We ask that people start with a visit to a medical professional for a clinical exam if they have concerns about symptoms. Please make sure to read here: Read Before Posting as well, as it addresses twitching and pain- neither of which would give a doctor concern about ALS. Not sure why you'd assume pain is equal to weakness as well- sounds more like something to address with a physio than assume something neurological and terminal.

Please to see a doctor, this site will never replace medical diagnosis and treatment.

Take courage! Sometimes it is hard to make oneself go to the doctor, but realistically, there is no way WE can help you figure out what's going on if you're not giving the health profession a chance to evaluate you!

Hello I went to the Dr and they basically said twitching is non specific and probably from working out hard. I guess all I can do is wait and see.

great - after all this time if were terminal, you would know. I think you can even put it away saying you have indeed waited, and have seen that it is not any kind of nasty thing happening.
Look at your diet, hydration and sleep patterns to increase your general health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back