Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
BR
State
RS
City
Guaíba
First of all I want to say sorry for bother, but I'm really worried about something. And sorry for my poor english too.

I'm 21 y.o, from Brazil. I don't know anybody with ALS.

What is making me anxious, is my tongue. She is moving, with tremor. I can strech, but feels a little weird. Even when it's at rest, I can see a tremor. I searched about and showed ALS, and reading about it I realize I feel some pain in my muscles too, but I'm not weak (I can do everything, I just feel a little pain.) My voice it's a little hoarse and I feel a little pain in my throat, like its something on. Can ALS have only this symptom of fasciculation in the tongue? Thank u for ur attention!

ALS does not show up as muscle pain and tongue tremor. It's also very possible that the tongue tremors are troubling you and everything else seems worse than it is.

I would see your doctor (or show them the tremors on video), and they can advise you from there. Dry mouth, allergies, GERD and a virus are the most likely scenarios. Even a little cut from something hard/sharp you ate can cause irritation, and a heightened perception of other parts of the body.

Best,
Laurie

I'm getting very anxious when I analize it in the mirror. In a few moments, It's stop shaking, and looks normal. I think it could be the new medication I'm taking.
I also feel tingling and muscle contractions, but I believe it is fibromyalgia, as I have tender points around the body. Anyway, thank you so much! I wish you the best always. ❤️

I have another question, sorry to bother!

The first question is: fasciculations, in the case of ALS, occur all the time? Or at intervals?

The second question is: can you feel the fasciculations? Lately I've been feeling like the muscle "pulses" or moves by itself, but it doesn't hurt. I didn't see fasciculations, can I have it anyway?

I sometimes feel as if I are "needled" in my body (especially in the calves, kness and thighs), I have a lot of muscle pain
and feeling of spasm, the muscle contracts itself. Should I be concerned? I have no weakness, but when I make an effort I feel muscle pain.

Thank you in advance, and sorry to bother you again!

Hi luna-

It sounds like you have a lot going on and are feeling a great deal of anxiety. It also sounds like you're using the internet to diagnose yourself, as you have also mentioned fibromyalgia. It is really important to keep working with your doctor to get answers, as this group is specifically for ALS. While you may worry you have it, you list a while variety of issues not usually associated with ALS. It's clear you are already seeing a medical professional, as you have mentioned a new medication and possible side effects- please keep talking to them about your concerns, as you may be right about side effects.

Also, please make sure to read here: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms.

Thank you so much for answering me!

I was worried because I read on the internet that sometimes fasciculations and spasms can be the beggining of ALS. I have not yet been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but my psychiatrist indicated a medication that relieved the pain a little, but I still have these small spasms and a little bit of pain.

Anyway, thank you! I wish you the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back