Reason
Other
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Union City
I feel incredibly guilty, shameful, etc. posting to this board... but, I am going to bite the bullet and do so anyway.

I am a 32 year old female.. yes, I have anxiety... no, I shouldn't be bothering you..

I've been experiencing sporadic twitching in various parts of my body: face, chin, lip, eye, arm, hand, calve, thigh, back, foot (arches). This morning, my tongue felt weird, as if I may have burned it on my coffee and I looked in the mirror at my tongue and I saw a couple of twitches over a few hours.. the tip of it twitched, the middle of it twitched.

I went running on Tuesday.. 3 miles.. I lifted my weights this morning...

But, my mind is getting the best of me.

I have my daughter at home.. she's 1.. and I am incredibly upset with myself that I am letting this consume me. Here at work .. it's been hard to focus all day. I fought myself not to come here.. I fight the urge to Google.. I've been fighting for so long...

Your thoughts and words of wisdom would be so very appreciated. Then, I will leave you be.

Of course, you already know that your twitches and tongue weirdness have nothing to do with ALS.

Don't feel shame. That's never a helpful emotion.

I recommend you find an anxiety forum elsewhere, then post to that. If nothing else, lurking on an anxiety forum could be more beneficial than being here.

Hanging out with terminal people is very destructive for people with health anxiety issues.

Yep.. I've been to the anxiety forum. If you know anything about anxiety (and that is not meant to be snarky at all!), then you know the mind is so powerful and hard to be convinced that your fears are just that.. fears.

Desperate to pull myself out of this hole and actually enjoy my blessings, I came here.

I didn't want to upset anyone dealing with real issues. Although, anxiety is sadly a real issue.. it's crippling in a different way, I guess.

Sorry, but you aren't describing ALS symptoms so you definitely don't belong on this forum. Yes, I realize anxiety is a very crippling condition. I know so because I have personally experienced it. But, we unfortunately aren't qualified to help you with it. I would recommend seeing a psychiatrist or counselor about it and totally avoid the internet all together. You owe it to your family to get it together. Good luck, Kim

Di, you need counseling and prob some rx to get you over this patch. Kim is right, your daughter needs you to be healthy and not anxious. There are sliding scale mental health clinics in Union. Please visit one and begin to get the help you need. Your peace will come off line, not on. All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back