A comment on ibuprofen use

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROSE

I have a question in regards to your comment on your symptoms. When you say that you had cramps in your feet, do you mean like a cramp where you feet or toes stiffen up kinda thing? I get a achey feeling in my arches and ball of feet or even my heel feels like it is being pinched, but no actual cramp like what i use to get in my first 2 pregnancies. Years ago when i was preg with the boys if I stretched my legs in bed I would get a charlie or a toe cramp. I did not strectch during this last preg. Is that what you mean?

How in the world did they do an emg on your tongue? I would like one but it sounds terrible! Were you awake?

Thanks!
ps. I have been quesy/shakey/feeling like am pregnant (NO I am not) for over a week now! I am hoping this passes. I had a hard time at target and doing errands today. I feel like off balane.
april

Hi April, my cramps in my feet would/will cause my toes to contort. Sometimes they would just spread apart, othertimes some bend down and go tight against each other, or fan apart. The cramp would be all the way up into my ankles/ calves.

The tongue EMG was really pretty painless, a smaller, finer needle was used. She also stuck it in at the front/side of my tongue where the visible atrophy is, so the needle wasn't in all that deep. The vocal cord one for me has been the hardest, have had it twice, and it'd done through the larynx - like from the front of my throat, not through an open mouth. As all four muscles need tested, there's quite a bit of manipulating after the needle is through the larynx. Not a picnic, but not the worse we can go through either! ~ Five days later and I still have this giant bruise on the front of my neck from it, looks like a hickey! LOL

About feeling sick, I don't get queasy, but I often times wake after falling asleep, just feeling awful, I think, at least in my case, its a lack of oxygen.

It sounds like you waaaay over did it this holiday weekend, and need to kick your feet back and do nothing for a while ~ except hold baby Grace~ gotta rock the babies while they're babies! I hope by time you're reading this that you're feeling a little better again. ( (hugs)) (:))))

thanks Rose,

I was holding Grace as I was typing! I am sorry, but poking my tongue----yikes! you must be strong! I couldnt handle the one in my back! I will be ready next time, I want one on my face and tongue. Did your tongue show anything? Did they do your face?

I did over do it this weekend. The fair all day sunday, and then the parade on monday and back home to a nighborhood party and first day of school today and we tried to go to the pool everyday as it closed yesturday and my kids love it. MY legs were a twitching mess but it is worth it!

*kinda strange that I Feel sick/light headed etc everyday but if I have a glass or 2 of wine it makes me feel better? any thoughts? MY friend said that is why god made wine (grape leaves) to make you feel better in those days. IT is a delicate balance---too much and you'll feel worse. Just enough and it is great.

Take care,

april

April

thanks Rose,

I was holding Grace as I was typing! I am sorry, but poking my tongue----yikes! you must be strong! I couldnt handle the one in my back! I will be ready next time, I want one on my face and tongue. Did your tongue show anything? Did they do your face?

I did over do it this weekend. The fair all day sunday, and then the parade on monday and back home to a nighborhood party and first day of school today and we tried to go to the pool everyday as it closed yesturday and my kids love it. MY legs were a twitching mess but it is worth it!

*kinda strange that I Feel sick/light headed etc everyday but if I have a glass or 2 of wine it makes me feel better? any thoughts? MY friend said that is why god made wine (grape leaves) to make you feel better in those days. IT is a delicate balance---too much and you'll feel worse. Just enough and it is great.

Take care,

april

I seriously do think that wine helps (in moderation of course :cool: )

If you have a Whole Foods or similar store nearby , consider trying a shot of wheat grass juice. I know it will make me feel better for a short while. It gives a real boost of energy and well being. I'd love to grow my own grass for the juice, but with city dwelling, there just isn't enough window space, and outside there isn't an inch to spare. We've got roses up to the roof, and cosmos almost as high, then the ivey has trailed down so low that its overhanging my neighbor underneath me.

My tongue showed the denervation/reinervation. Actually they did try to test my lips because of the atrophy there, but only tried in two places. The EMG was fine where they inserted it, and none of the doctors seemed that interested in looking any further. My doctor said later that there is a lot of overlap of muscles in the lips, and they may just not have gotten the right one. Regardless, no one seemed to think it was a matter of importance one way or the other. The needle used for the lip is extremely fine, I did not even feel it at all where it was inserted.

It sounds like you had a fun filled (extra full filled!) weekend. I can't believe its already past Labor Day... For me, the real signal for the end of summer is Goldenrod! Haven't seen any in bloom yet, and I sure don't want to.
take care, :)

we do have a whole foods and I love it! My middle son is a picky eater and none of them will take vitamins.
At whole foods they have a liquid vitamin and a liquid kids omega 3 fish oil that I make them take. My Noah loves pop (my dad works for pepsi, so our family does do the pop) so I go to whole foods and get him the 365 organic pop-no high fructose corn syrup, just raw cane sugar. I also bought the sneaky chef book to sneak healthy foods in. For the most part it works. I am going to stop in tomorrow before picking up my son from school and get some. I tried before at the gym~its gross, but if you say, i will do it! I was thinking about getting a juicer?

I love flowers, it sounds so beautiful on your patio. I love flowers but have had a hard time with my landscaping this year. I think it is part beetles and then the deer and rabbits came in. We are not really in the country, kinda. LIke 5 miles from a small downtown (that I love and grew up in) and we are also on a golf course that is cutt out of the woods. I sprayed all my bushes, carpet roses, black eyed susans, petunia's- you name it and they still did not thrive. I am not sure as to what the culprit is. I have been to busy with kids and this mystery illness to be overly concerned with my landscaping. **but the photo of your roses are wonderful.

I just made dinner and did some homework and now I have a glass of wine........do you think it is bad for us if we have these underlining disorders?

April - I don't think it hurts at all. Some on the forum have mentioned that they think it is the gin and not the tonic water that helps the most :-D.

I posted a quick update on how its going with the ibuprofen on my thread. Basically something old, something new, something... yeah you get the idea. I have seen some improvement in my tongue and swallowing, as well as a little less soreness. I am wondering if the the rheumatologist will be able to fine tune something. Like so many on this forum, I just want to race ahead to the next step so I get get it figured out.

Robert

April - I don't think it hurts at all. Some on the forum have mentioned that they think it is the gin and not the tonic water that helps the most :-D.

I posted a quick update on how its going with the ibuprofen on my thread. Basically something old, something new, something... yeah you get the idea. I have seen some improvement in my tongue and swallowing, as well as a little less soreness. I am wondering if the the rheumatologist will be able to fine tune something. Like so many on this forum, I just want to race ahead to the next step so I get get it figured out.

Robert

(most) kidding aside, something to help relax is good, so there is truth to the gin being the active ingredient in a G&T I'm sure, but the quinine doesn't hurt LOL

....chocolate has its qualities :) so does Ben & Jerry's :):)

April, about where your property sits, with all the deer, you absolutely were tested for lyme disease, right?

I had a strange bite on my leg at the end of pregnancy. It did have a circle around it and it lasted for a few weeks. I went to GP and she did not think so becaese she said the ticks attach and I would have known. she tested anyway and there were no bands that were +. I did read that sometimes you can test to soon, I thought about getting re-checked but when I was sick in the winter with the c-diff, I was on very strong antiobiotics for 4 months and I thought that they would have got it. Maybe I will ask again.....for 2 test.

hi april

tests for lymes are not 100% accurate,you can have it but the test may come back negative.
i did post an article on the pls forum about this a while back.
wont hurt to try the test again.
take good care.
caroline:-D

I think it would be worth retesting. Although I think that about half of the Lyme's disease info out there is pretty "out there" (It may have caused the mortgage meltdown in the US); there is a lot of consensus that it is difficult to detect, the classic findings aren't always that classic, and it can certainly mimic ALS symptoms.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back