Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
md
City
baltimore
Recently, I posted about a feeling on the sole of my left foot. When I rest and then take a step, it feels like someone is pushing into the skin. This resolves with some walking...It feels like indented skin or something. I can reproduce it by pushing deep in the area sometimes. There is no apparent weakness. I am afraid this is from some atrophy that is mild, and the skin is a bit more wrinkled there, although there is no obvious atrophy.

I had a recent lower extremity EMG, which the neurologist said was normal. When he needled my left EDB (the muscle that bulges on top of the foot), there were fibrillations at rest, no other waves or anything. This was the only muscle abnormality, but he said this is normal, and may be from my shoes....I asked specifically, but he said there is no evidence of ALS....

Unfortunately, this was in my left foot, the one with the sticky feeling. I will get another EMG in a month from another neurologist....

Since the EMG, I have noticed a lot of twitches in my feet and lower legs. I still have them in other parts of my body, but I get a lot on the arches of my feet and even in the EDB....

Another question for the board, what is meant by twitching 24/7...is it the same muscle that twitches? I think my feet/legs twitch every hour, one side or the other, but they are not continued fasciculations, just a single twitch....

Meanwhile, my fatigue in my upper extremities and lower extremities continues. Activity makes them tired, even aching, but proximally, not as much distally....

please give me your input.

Jojo

you have to relax, u are posting the same thing 4 times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back