Distinguished member
Country
CZ
State
CZ
City
Prague
Hi,
I hope I dont bother you if I post my recent health-status. It has been 19 months of twitching now, I dont pay much attention to them, I got used, I can say.
But what worries me is that my arms are tired really quickly - I comb my hair and during 10-20 seconds my arm burns and feel tired. The same with legs, chewing muscles. Its not new for me, I have it for at least few months, but Im not sure if it not worse a bit.
Also my ankles are cracking and crushing pretty much, sometimes the tendon jumps are very uncomfortable.
Will be glad for you opinions, thanks!

hi blizna.
suspending the arms in the air to do things like brushing hair is a killer i know.
mine is part due to weakness in arms ,part muscle loss in shoulders and part joint contractures in the shoulders.
i dont feel any burning or other sensation though.

Blinza,

Have they run any test on you for MG? I can't remember.

Just curious.

Robert

Hi, thank you for reply.

No, I havent been tested for MG since it has no twitching asssociated. Im not really weak, I am as strong as I was, but during those tasks I feel burning/tired feeling in my arms/legs. Also the joint cracking is more severe I can say, but still I have no disability or real problems blocking any activity.
What worrises me a bit more too is my foot twitch - its very fast rapid rapid, I feel it like buzzing or small electric shocking in that place, very uncomfortable.

I absolutely understand about this type of tiredness. I used to wash my hair daily but now only every three days. And I got a cut that does not require blow drying or any other type of fussing. It was just too tiresome.

I got a shower chair because my legs feel heavy when I am on my feet too long. I've never fallen in the house, but I just did not want my first fall to be in the shower! (I do fall on occasion when walking outside on uneven ground, but that is another story.)

What sometimes frightens me a little is these bouts of excessive sleepiness I get. I can literally sleep all day and all night for days on end. This will go on for 3-4 days, and I sleep through meals, bathroom breaks, last week I even slept half the morning at work, of all things!

After a few days of this sort of thing, I start to believe that something is truly wrong. Then I revive, but am faced with weeks of reduced muscle function. It takes a long time to get back my strength. This is what makes me thing it is MG, or some other auto-immune thing.

cindy, I too have bouts of sleepiness, mine are not that pronounced, they come on me every few days, I could just be sitting there in my recliner, them BAMM, I am sound asleep, Mine do do last long though after about 15 minutes I awaken feeling alright again, kind of scary. Blizna, I get the vibrating and tiny electric shocks in my toes. I have been told this is from my type 2 diabetes. Have you had your blood sugar checked recently? margaret

Hi,
yes, my sugar is OK.
These are not invisible vibrations, these are caused by very rapid fire twitching of very small muscle fiber - probably if it was large, I would feet it like twitches.
CindyM: I dont have such serious problems, I just feel arms are very tired but I can continue, its just discomforting and strange, Im sure 2 years ago I havent this.
Anyone experienced twitching like I describe? Small, very fast causing these buzzing feelings?

Hi Blizna

I have the same symptoms which you just descried! I am referring to the burning fatigue, the twitching and buzzing and the joints cracking (for me it is everywhere). I have thick long hair and sometimes I can hardly brush it. I twitch all over, often just as you have described. I never knew one's bum could possibly twitch, but alas, it can. And as of last week, I am having a tough time chewing things like steak or chewy bread. UGH. I guess that this should be good news for my diet but ice cream is not tough to chew. :)

I'm sorry that you're going though this. I think that I know how you feel. I try to be strong for others and I find that sometimes this helps.

I have my first neuro appt. next week so if I get any relevant info I will post it.

Except of wasting your thenar and hypothenar muscle (as you described in previous topic) twitching, buzzing, pain etc. are not signs of ALS. But they do exist with BFS which is what I have - even the joint cracking describe many BFSers.
The time (you are twitching for months as I understand) is also pointing away from ALS. You will see if the "wasting" is real atrophy. What about reflexes and pathologic ones like hoffman, babinsky? Their absence makes ALS also very unlikely.

Blinza & Ohso:
Count me in on several of each of your symptoms. I too get the rapid-fire twitching in th arch of my right foot, and it does indeed end up feeling like a vibration / buzzing. My arms also get that burning-fatigue. Grocery shopping and washing my hair are particularly difficult. I have to rest frequently by letting my arms just hang by my sides for a minute or two before continuing. Eating and talking for longer periods is a newer challenge that has developed over the past two months or so. Chewy bread? Steak? Even a bowl of crunchy cereal is way too much for my tongue and jaw, it's just too tiring! My additional malady is my neck. Hard to describe but it feels like my head is too heavy for my neck to carry around, so I find myself desperately wanting to lay down to relieve the pressure / fatigue, or I lean my head on my hands a lot.

I too have been full-body twitching for 8 long months now and two neuros have cleared me of ALS. I did just have an MRI of my lower back and am heading back to the neuro on Feb. 5th for the results and an EMG of my bulbar region. Time will tell I guess!

Any news about the rapid twitching on top of the foot,i have had the same thing for a few months,i tends to go away when i go to bed.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back