Reason
Other
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Scottsdale
Hello, just wondered if anyone was on the forum rights now. I posted some information about myself in an earlier posting under.."not certain if I have ALS".

For the last 4 nights I have not had any sleep due to a lot of muscle twitching. Each time I try to fall asleep I begin to twitch in all areas of my body and I am starting to get really scared. I have had twitches in the past but not this severe.

Any help? It is late at night and I would like to sleep but just can't due to these unusual twitches. Thank you.

I hope you got to sleep!
I had the bad twitching and body jerks at night and I could not sleep either. My nuero gave me a sleeping pill and it helped alot. I dont get out of it and if the baby cries, I can still go to here and then get back to sleep. Sleeping 8 hrs (or more in my case) is sooo important. Lack of sleep will make it all worse for you.

Call your docter and let them know what you are going through and see if you cant get something. The over the counter ones make you to grooggy.

april

That's

been one of the worst things I've experienced. It's one thing to twitch and feel like crap all day but when you're just exhausted and can't even rest from the twitching... it's just too much for me. I talked to my doc and got some valium. It helps the twitching AND helps me to sleep. Undoubtedly it's helping for me to relax a little whilst waiting on all the tests and test results too. Things move very slowly in a small town. I read your post and hope you find a way to rest and relax. Regardless of what you may or may not have it's really important to keep trying to have the best quality of life you can have each day. I've been twitching for over a year and have a lot of muscle weakness/spasms/pain and coordination issues mostly in the upper left side. Sometimes when I lay down the twitching in my ribcage is so intense, it's hard to breathe. I have no idea, neither do the docs I've seen so far, what is wrong with me. I've just decided that it doesn't really matter...the fact is that something has gone horribly wrong with my body so I will deal with what is. Hopefully the issue will eventually get a name and if I'm really lucky an effective treeatment. I hope the same for you! Do tell your doc that your symptoms are causing you a lack of sleep. He/she will help you to find a way to be able to sleep since it's so important. Take good care :mrgreen: Karen

twitching

Thank you for the posts,

I have never experienced twitching in so many days in a row. It is absolutely horrifying. Anytime, I start to fall asleep I begin to twitch, I just don't get it. It's not that I can't fall asleep but the prevention from doing so due to this problem is starting to get to me.

I am seeing a different Neurologist next week and maybe something can be done then. Thank you for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back