Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IN
State
DL
City
New Delhi
Hiya! And blessings to you all, I'm filled with respect that you guys are taking out time to answer all of us
So what happened with me
I am 21 years old and extremely worried about having als I have been a decently active guy a bit overweight though I'm 120kgs and 6'1 (PS sorry I live in India we use KGS)
So I have a pronation in my foot and I feel like my legs are stiff all the time, I still work out somewhat
I have recently developed bad twitching in my feet which hurt when I walk a lot I wake up with stiffness and clicky joints,
I recently had covid back in December and since then I haven't felt good
first it started with chest pain then back pain and now just clicking when I move my shoulders
I had an MRI done which stated multiple small T2W FLAIR focal hyperintensity and isointensity lesions in periventricular white matter
Minimal anterior wedging of D11
Partial loss of lumbar lordosis
Dessication at L4-L5 level
Diffuse disc protrusion with annual tear at L4-L5 level resulting in mild to moderate compression
Diffuse disc bulge at L5-S1 with no nerve root compression
I have a bit of stiffness in my neck and it hurts on one side
My neurologist thinks it's nothing he's also a neurosurgeon
I sometimes feel my arms are getting thinner and they do hurt sometimes when I'm holding a phone to my ear or something
Since covid I feel my cognitive function has taken a hit I have gone slow I do mistakes while typing and I have tremor in my legs and hands
My bloodwork show slightly raised RBC raised sgot low b-12 and low vitamin D

Please help me out pALS and cALS as I live with my mom and dad and grandma and here in India there are no specific helps or good technology or trials for als or mnd

I'm really sorry for my extremely long thread I'll be so grateful if you can guide me
Gonna attach my bloodwork CT chest and MRI

Last edited by a moderator:
your attachments contained identifying information and were removed for your protection

this doesn’t sound at all likely to be ALS post covid symptoms are common and varied. Work with your doctors

I have suddenly been feeling I repeat my words a lot and have tremor and stuff also heard that cognitive issues appear in als plus also seeing periventricular white matter lesions in my brain MRI have made me go really anxious

Covid can cause all of that including demyelination. Demyelination and tremor are not associated with ALS

I’m not medically qualified, but it sounds more like the after effects of COVID to me too. I have never heard of the repetition of words being an early symptom. You say your neurologist thinks it’s nothing. Think I’d respect his/her opinion and stop worrying. If you can‘t do, that speak to your doctor again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back