Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MA
Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to read my post. I am 99% convinced that I have Bulbar ALS. I'm a 43 year old male. My symptoms started about 4 months ago when I began to bite my tongue while speaking. Soon I began to have muscle twitching in my tongue, neck, and face (jaw area). These twitches are now an everyday occurrence. I can't go an hour without my tongue or neck twitching. During the past month I've begun to have swallowing problems. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 swallowing attempts to get the food down, and the same for saliva. I'm not choking or gagging, I just can't swallow it down. I don't notice any tongue weakness and my speech isn't slurred, but I often stop mid sentence because I'll bite my tongue, cheek, or lips. Is it unusual to develop swallowing problems before slurred speech with Bulbar ALS? Any and all responses will be appreciated. I'm absolutely terrified.

Hello-

Please make sure to read here: Read Before Posting

It is always recommended you visit with a doctor first if you are experiencing symptoms that are concerning to you. You do not indicate if you have done so- if not, that's your first step. If you have, your doctor would have provided you a clinical exam and would be better able to tell you what might be next with regards to any tests based on their observations.

I'd suggest seeing a doctor if you think you have a terminal illness.
The internet is never a replacement for medical examination and testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back