08/2007
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Chicago area
Just got this email from ALSA

CBS “60 Minutes” Segment to Profile Delaware PALS and the Innovative Brain Communication Interface Technology for ALS

“60 Minutes” on CBS this Sunday, Nov. 2 is expected to profile Dr. Scott Mackler, diagnosed with ALS in 1999, and the Delaware man’s use of brain communication interface technology.

The University of Pennsylvania researcher continues to teach and conduct his research and has spearheaded the Annual Scott Mackler 5K for the benefit of the Scott Mackler Assistive Technology Program at the Greater Philadelphia Chapter. The fundraising event provides technological equipment to people with ALS.

For background information from previous media coverage of Dr. Mackler, click on the two links below:

http://www.alsphiladelphia.org/NetCommunity/Document.Doc?id=198

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/view.php?id=9839

Check local listings for air times. As with all media scheduling, this program is subject to cancellation or airing at another time.

Thanks for the information, I will be sure to tune in.

thanx! I'm actually looking forward to watching it!

Shawn

I watched it, I was totally amazed! My Aunt from Texas called the family and asked everyone to watch. The scientists are going in the right direction, it's only a matter of time!

Hi eveyone,
Just wanted to add....if you missed 60 minutes, you can see the video online. Just google 60 minutes. It was amazing.
Lin

Thanks for the link PDaddy.

AL.

Yes, thanks so much for the link, the video was amazing.
-brenda

We arrived in Florida on Monday evening (fromLondon) and had got a friend to record it for me...watched it last night...AMAZING...but if they can do such amazing stuff, why oh why cant they work out how to cure this darn thing...Living in hope. Jennifer51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back