Diagnosis
10/2020
Country
US
State
FL
City
West palm beach
I have Bulbar. Speech is gone . Tongue is making it challenging to eat. Other than that my limbs have been ok just weakness in one arm. The past 2 days I have been having bad leg cramping. What do you take for cramping? Is this normal? Dehydration?

Magnesium has worked for me. Others have used pickle juice, mustard and quinine water. ( you can od on quinine it affects the 8th cranial nerve making you deaf and dizzy which is why they took pills off the market in the US). Mexilitene is a cardiac med that has been used off label if the otc things don’t work. They were trialing mexilitine for slowing progression. It failed that but found it helped cramping

of course if you think you are dehydrated address that first but cramping due to ALS happens

Magnessium glycinate has worked for me. I take one in the morning and one at night. I also take Tizanidine which helps with spasticity and cramping. Also staying well hydrated is important.

Thank you Lisa and Nikki!

I have had very bad spasms and cramps especially in my calves and feet. I tried magnesium and it did nothing. My doctor prescribed Baclofen and it helped for a while then it started getting bad again and my doctor switched me to Tizanidine and it has been working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back