Diagnosis
02/2019
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Grimsby
Hello, Can someone share their experience with the Radicava, how it is assisting and what stage your als was when started?
Thank you.

Hi as well as responses that you get here you will also find a lot of previous posts. If you have not already done so enter radicava into the search window and click titles. You will find lots of threads to browse

I started a month after diagnosis. It worked very well at the start, I kept full mobility for two years and 3 months. And I have Bulbar onset ALS so that is a good 4 or 5 months of extra life for me.

I started a few months after diagnosis due to me spending time researching it. I wish I started the day after diagnosis. I started with a PIC line and now have a port. The biggest hassle is driving to the infusion center twice during the 10-day infusion session to get a needle inserted in the port (I pop the needle out myself to save the drive in). Does it work, who knows. I did gain some improvement in my left leg, but is that due to Radicava, or due to all the other things I am doing. For me, I look at it as I have no choice, time is not on my side. I have had no side effects. For me, I don’t have an issue infusing at home, or at a friend's or on a trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back