00/0000
Country
IN
State
WB
City
Kolkata
Hello everyone,

My problems started in the year 2017 with twitching all over and i posted here ,after a clean emg i was reassured and went my way.over the last 5 years i have continued with twitching but slowly i have seen atrophy of all 4 of my extremities.
When i showed it to my neuros he saw it and confirmed it,in his words distal muscle wasting.....He ordered mri and emg, Mri came out clean and so did the emg.
The emg of the atrophied areas also came out clean.
I also have some problem with facial twitching,forming words ,excessive salivation that comes and goes.I recently seem to feel that my left knee is a bit weak,but passed all the strength tests.
One more important observation it gets bad during cold weather and is better during warm weather.
my feet and palms have visible wasting but no weakness there,my shoulders have visible wasting and i look very skinny now and have lost a lot of muscle.
Multiple doctors are just surprised to see this,my recent 4 limb emg last week came clean.He put the needle right in to the atrophied areas and still clean.
Does anyone have any idea,what this might be.

1649179902993.png

I would ask about evaluation for Raynaud syndrome and disorders that can cause it, such as systemic sclerosis. This might best be done by a rheumatologist.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back