Not open for further replies.

sara06

Country
Ottawa
State
Michigan
City
Jenison
Hi, My name is Sara. My mother was diagnosed with ALS in December of 05, she is 48. Her cousin is 49 and she was diagnosed shortly after. My mothers father died from this disease at age 44, her uncle at age 64 and her brother at 26. None of the men lived past 13 months. We are quickly approaching the end of that time frame for my mother and her cousin. I know that there has to be some other families out there with cases like this. I am just wondering where they are. My mothers family tree stops with her grandfather, we know who he is and his mothers first name, but have no evidence of his father. If anyone knows anything about any Bly families with ALS, please let me know.

Hi Sarah. So sorry to hear about your mom and cousin. It might help to let us know what state/province/country you are seeking relatives in.

Hi Al, nice to meet you. My family lives in Michigan. My grandfather's father and grandmother were both born in ohio as far as we know and moved to MI when my great grandfather was 3. We know his mothers name was Katherine Bly, as far as whether Bly was her maiden name or married name, we're not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back