4th toe not curling down (Hypochondria or ALS?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

answermeplease

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Brooklyn
Hello, my name is Owen (20). First of all I would like to say that I am a hypochondriac. It all started 4 years ago when i woke up with bells palsy on the right side of my face. Even tho i fully recoverd from it, the fear of something happening like that again has never left my mind. But the reason for this post is not about my hypochondria per se. Matter of fact, I already made an appointment with my psychologist. Anyway. A couple of weeks ago i noticed that my 4th toe (before the pinky toe) doesn’t go down easily. While all my other toes are curled. Only if i push a bit harder. But it hurts a little when i push harder. This isn't the case with my left foot, only the right 4th toe. Now, the thing is i have a vague memory from a couple of years ago that this was also the case then. But i'm not completely sure. It's driving me crazy and it gets in the way of functioning mentally in my day to day life. What does this mean? Is this ALS? Is this normal or weird. Are there other people dealing with this? Please help me. Thank you.

Not ALS, please see your doctor for help.

Ok, well thank you for the response. I'm still worried tho. I know somewhere deep down that it's my hypochondria playing with my mind. But still, a toe that's not responding well enough doesn't sound normal. I will ask my doctor for help. Maybe you know what it could be?

Hi there-

While it may seem appropriate to you to ask people on an ALS forum for general health advice, your doctor is the person you should be asking. This forum exists to support those with ALS and their caregivers and is not to be used as a resource for health anxiety. Your doctor can provide you with more advice and direction once they have given you an exam and can see what you are talking about.

Please also read here: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms

All the best.

Your hypochondriac issues are not for anyone here to deal with. You know you have this disorder, yet choose to poke and prod dying people to handhold you. Step back and look at the situation objectively; do you think this is fair or kind to the members here? No, it's cruel.

Go get help now while you are still young. This disorder can eat up all the years of your life if you let it. No need for you to be here.

Good luck to you.

Hi, well in very very sorry. I understand that it’s very frustrating for you guys when a guy like me is worried about silly things that have nothing to do with ALS. And i could never understand the pain you people to trough. But please u have to understand that my fear is ruining my life. I can’t enjoy the little things anymore. A week ago i was experiencing pain in my right goed. The 4th and the 5th. Also muscles started to twitch in those toes and in my leg. Nothing had changed really but my little toe is feeling weaker to now. I can move it and curl it, but i cant move it sideways while my left toe does go sideways. It’s a really scary experience. Sometimes i have the feeling that i’m going to fall. Walking is very scary. Please understand that i’m terriefied and it feels REAL.

The purpose of this subforum is to answer a few questions for people undergoing the diagnostic process. You asked hypochondria or ALS. You received opinions not ALS and advice to see your doctor. We can not offer support for you and as you demonstrate reassurance does not work. See your doctor. If you crave online support there are anxiety and hypochondria forums for that.
I am closing this thread do not start another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back