Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
i havent heard that rilutek have helped anyone, but i heard/saw that nurown - did.
who is crazy in this story?

Last edited:
At the MNDA meeting Professor Al Chalabi ( Kings London) said multiple studies showed Riluzole slowed progression by 38 percent. I had never heard this and I thought he misspoke so I asked at Mass general. She said yes ir is true. I do believe it helps me.

the story isn’t told with Nurown yet. They apparently just had a meeting with the FDA about manufacturing

The randomized trial data for riluzole are too old to generalize to today's patients, though investigators continue to try. The more modern studies of other therapies in which riluzole use and overall outcomes are recorded, cannot reflect random riluzole allocation since they randomized another therapy.

The sort of ongoing party line is that riluzole has a median survival benefit of 2-3 months, with no guarantees about which phase it prolongs -- early or late. No doubt a lot of the potential benefit rests on when it's started and what "subtype" of ALS the PALS has, as well as the use of therapies such as feeding tubes and BiPAPs.

NurOwn didn't hit their primary endpoint. That doesn't mean they're done, as many rx have emerged from those particular ashes. They and the FDA will discuss next steps: whether/how they can apply based on what they did hit, do more research with a different agreed primary endpoint, and/or tweak the "dose" again.

My ALS Clinic in Houston said it only extended life by about 3 months. It made me nauseous so after a few months I stopped taking it.

as far as i follow trials, 15% better drug is a statistically and clinically menaningful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back