Diagnosis
08/2019
Country
US
State
MA
City
Natick
Im writing for emotional and sharing support. Today my PEG fell out. What a drag! In an instant so much unpleasantly unfolded: surprise, scrambling to an ER, having to hurry when i cant, uncomfortable with the unknown. It was not easy for the doctors to get a new one in. Second attempt worked. To spend the day in the ER on top of already managing so many ALS symptoms, worried about how this would unfold, when i would get nourishment? It was a lot. Im glad its over. I celebrated by buying ice cream for some worried family members and me.

Oh yikes! I am so sorry that happened to you. I'm glad it was resolved, but the stress involved!

oh wow that's awful
can you keep a spare one at home and get your CALS to learn how to pop it in?
there are lots of great YouTubes on how to change a peg at home (mostly made by mums who have children with them).

Thank you. Yes from now on i will always have a spare. Yes good idea to teach my peeps.

Good grief, Debbie, what a shocking day! I hope all is resolved and it doesn’t happen again! Xx

Sorry to hear about that. It's always a fear of mine, too. As for a spare, where do we get one that meets the standards (length, etc) of the ones we have? Amazon? Gastrologist?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back