Diagnosis
08/2019
Country
US
State
MT
City
Big sky country
I just acquired an Ultra Comfort lift chair. I'm really struggling with it in 2 ways:
First, it's just dang ugly, and does not fit in with the look of my home - silly, I know, but my home makes me happy. Being in my living area with friends or just by myself reading or watching TV is one of the things that I enjoy most now. The chair just kind of ruins the whole vibe for me.
Second, I sat in it last night for the first time to watch a couple of episodes of my latest Netflix binge. Within about 45 minutes, my hip flexors (the front of my hip joints) were killing me. I tried many different adjustments, But couldn't relieve it. Even when I went to bed, I had a very restless night because they were still bothering me. I don't know if the chair is the problem, or if maybe I haven't been doing enough walking lately, and the new chair just coincided with pain I was going to have anyway.

So, my question is: do some of you use your PWC in lieu of a lift chair? My PWC is comfortable, the adjustability is quite amazing, and I do have the anterior tilt feature which helps me stand up, although it probably doesn't help as much as the lift chair does. But, I really haven't spent all that much time in the PWC yet, either.

I would rather have my house back the way I want it without a big sore thumb sitting in the middle of it all, and use my PWC as my place to sit and watch TV or read. But, i'm not sure that's advisable. Any advice?

Maybe you can get a cover for the lift chair that better fits your home décor?

I got a lift chair two weeks ago. I bought it because my Permobil F3 PWC is not comfortable if in it for more than a few hours - mostly a "hot seat" issue, even with a gel pad. For me, the lift chair is much more comfortable. If your feet hang over the lift chair leg rest, maybe that's causing your discomfort?

I do not have a left chair. My PWC does the job for me. Each of my PWCs is carefully adjusted to fit me. I use Roho seat cushions in them. I can sit in them indefinitely without issue.

grounded, if you are having a "hot seat" issue, I suggest you investigate adjustments to your wheelchair configuration.

Steve

I have a Golden Cloud lift chair. It is way more comfortable than my PWC even though I got upgraded arm rest pads and a good Roho seat. I can sleep in my lift chair. Mine is just brown faux leather. The rest of my LR is furnished with Stress Less light blue leather and black tables so, it doesn't really match anything but the tile. I bought large since I was close in height to the lower end of large and my feet don't hang off. I've had it for 4.5 years and it's still the most comfortable piece of furniture I have. It was invaluable when I sprained my ankle.

Maybe yours doesn't fit your body or the material isn't soft enough. The Golden has memory foam. Have you tried it with a thin memory foam cushion over the seat?

I live in my golden technology chair, literally. Have custom wired it for control by my computer . Much more comfortable than my wheelchair. I use a small blanket wrapped around my knees to keep my legs and hips aligned, otherwise things will get uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back