Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
City
Southern Oregon
It is with sadness that I learned our friend Ted has passed away. He had asked his wife Robyn to contact me after he died so I could post it in this forum. This forum meant a lot to Ted and gave him hope.

Robyn sent me this:
Ted passed yesterday, April 6. It was quick. He felt terribly sad to leave us but also calm. Perhaps because he was living in the moment, he said. The kids and I feel so much anguish and grief for the loss of him and for how hard his living had become for him and us in the last months.
He is free of this monster.

I will be sending Robyn the link to this thread, so those who remember Ted can leave condolences.

I'm very sorry for your family's loss, Robyn. Ted's energy and positivity were always on display here, and, I'm sure, everywhere else he went.

Best,
Laurie

Oh I'm so very sorry for your loss Robyn and family. We will also miss Ted as he was a bright light shining here.
I'm so very comforted to know he felt calm to the end - fly free wonderful friend.

I am very sorry. He will be much missed. Fly free Ted!

Robyn, I am so sorry for your loss of your husband. I always enjoyed Ted's posts and we will miss him. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

Robyn and family, Ted had incredible wisdom, advice and observations for all of us here. He will be missed greatly by those of us here who either knew him well or who respected his presence as amember of this family.

I am so sorry to lose such a positive force on this forum.

Rest in peace, Ted.

Robyn, we are so sorry to hear of Ted's passing. He was an inspiration to me when I first joined the forum. He approached this hell as a true warrior. Fly free, my friend.

My deepest condolences. Ted was such and amazing and helpful person.

Steve

Ted was such a great storyteller. I just read his article in the ALS BC newsletter yesterday. I also enjoyed his podcasts : My Friend Ted - Podcast House. So sad to see him go. Condolences to his family.

My condolences.

I was still "wandering in the woods" a bit 4 months after I was diagnosed when I read a post from Ted (What I have learned, so far..."). It was heartfelt and thoughtful, and helped me to focus on what I needed to be thinking about and to harness the little control I do have over my situation. In one of Ted's podcasts, he referred to himself as a lifelong learner. I believe he was also a lifelong teacher.

My deepest condolences to his family.

Robyn,

Please accept myself and Wayne's deepest condolences. It was a pleasure to have been able to meet both of you last year, when we were staying in Victoria. We remember Ted's positivity and sense of humour. He is now free and no longer suffering from the burden of the beast.

Much love and hugs to you and your family.

Joanna

I'm very sad to hear we lost Ted. My heart goes out to his family.
Ted's humor is the first thing I remember about him, the second thing is how considerate he was. Never hurtful, just heartfelt.

I'm so sorry for your loss Robyn and family. I did not know him well but he was a kind a thoughtful presence here. Sending love and light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back